UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club week 309 18th Jan - 24th Jan 2016 (Read 11340 times)

Wood FT

• forum hero
Sat - Burbage North, climbed Small is Beautiful after micro-siege, hadn't warmed up properly and pulled something in the ribs. end of day on WSS, got up to 3rd side pull but couldn't hold it

Must have seen you Saturday, I was climbing to the right of the big group on West side story... hanging hanging hanging so badly!

Ah yes on go west, hello!

Hugh

• regular
STG: 7B. More grit sessions. Stop being ill
MTG: Don't get broken.

Well, this is depressingly simple:

M-S: Ill

Gradually got worse over the week until I ended up in hospital being pumped full of antibiotics. Finally feeling better, but going to be a long recovery :(

Schnell

• menacing presence
S - giant hangover, Burbage West for 6B among others. Still can't do a 6A there!

If that was go west then I feel your pain. I got up it once ages ago and failed the last time I was there. Did a few laps on the nose instead to make myself feel better! :shrug:

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground

Gradually got worse over the week until I ended up in hospital being pumped full of antibiotics. Finally feeling better, but going to be a long recovery :(

:wavecry: Get well soon.

ashtond6

• obsessive maniac
S - giant hangover, Burbage West for 6B among others. Still can't do a 6A there!

If that was go west then I feel your pain. I got up it once ages ago and failed the last time I was there. Did a few laps on the nose instead to make myself feel better! :shrug:
Haha no it was the undercutty rib left of mermaid. Burbage bridge, not West!

Although that pebble on Go West is dirrrrrty sharp, I still have a small blood blister on Sunday from pinching it!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

36chambers

• forum hero

Do you mean Blocky Rib?

I remember doing Mermaid easily but couldn't touch the first move on Blocky Rib, it felt nails. There must be some sneaky knack to it.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
11.4-6

M.
T. Eve. Persuaded down Works by Ben. Norton and SamT there. OK session
W.
T. Eve. Wasn't in the mood to train after work then a parents evening but dragged myself to fingerboard and had an extended session with mega long rests . Eventually squeezed out some longer hangs than sunday. On a whim after midnight started doing some deadlifts and managed a PB at 145kgs. No idea where that came from
F.
S. Onset of some flu type thing. Did 1 set of 20/10s AeroCap then gave up.
S. Not well. Spent most of the day in bed

Wasn't in the mood to write things up yesterday as I still had the flu thing and also tweaked my back doing nothing. Also the realisation that my training plans had gone to shit. The endurance training for Chlilla and the actual trip was meant to provide an endurance base that would set me up for harder training and bouldering when I got back. Instead I lost finger strength and felt wiped out. And not lost weight. The Oak felt like a zillion miles away.

However, the flu is on the wane now and I just had a short board session and found that my crimp strength has returned so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel. Going to see if I can regain some bouldering capability ready for FBO on the 6th 

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
F On a whim after midnight started doing some deadlifts and managed a PB at 145kgs.
S. Onset of some flu type thing.

:-\

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
F On a whim after midnight started doing some deadlifts and managed a PB at 145kgs.
S. Onset of some flu type thing.

:-\

Lagers sounds like he got it as well an I'm certain he didn't catch it off a set of dirty barbells

tk421a

• addict
STG: Bulgaria this week (no real expecatations, haven't done much leading in a while, but 7b/7b+ would be ace, 7a fine too!)
MTG: Albarracin over Easter 7B+ target?
LTG: 8A / 8b+

M: Rest (sessions on Sat and Sun)
Tu: Trampolining - ACE, super fun first time, learnt to front flip :)
W: -
Th: Vauxwall, arcing circuit, + campusing for the first time, laddering 1-2-3-...10 with 1' rest 3 sets of 4 reps. Tried the circuit set for the kid squad, tiny holds... fell of the last move
F: -
Sa: Vauxwall, some hard boulders to try remember how to pull hard, felt generally weak, maybe i need more than a days rest after a campus session
Su: Turbo trainer 1.5hrs @135 HR

Gearing up for a trip to bulgaria, feeling like it should be great fun even if I don't climb that much hard stuff. Hopefully the weather comes round, forecast is ok but last week it was -16 in the day...

ashtond6

• obsessive maniac

Do you mean Blocky Rib?

I remember doing Mermaid easily but couldn't touch the first move on Blocky Rib, it felt nails. There must be some sneaky knack to it.

Haha that's it! Properly nails, maybe it's just a stand start on the jug and the top is the crux

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
STG - Prep new routes for upcoming season, continue training,
MTG - 1 arm pullup, 1-4-7, Spotted Dick Project
LTG - To Bolt...

M - 5/3/1 Week 3, DL, Wtd Pu's, Max Hangs
T - 5/3/1 Week 3, Squats, OH Press, 30 min bike
W - MAW, 4x4, Campus
T - Ski with Daughter, Check out a couple of potential project on way home, one of which looks pretty exciting
F - 2 hr touring ski, light campus session
S - Ski with Daughter at Special Olympics
S - Stretch and 20 min Bike

JackAus

• junky
STG: More V8s. Consistent sub 75kg.
MTG: V9.
LTG: V11. Fear Factory List. 7/10 done.

M: St Leonards. Usual shit then campus and fingerboard, then into gym for big session, then finish up with theraband work. Big session.
T: St Leonards. Usual new shit. Short session.
W: Worked night. Lost 2kg in sweat.
T: St Leonards. Short session. Fly to Hawaii at night. But plane delayed until next morning......... Fuckers. Made me miss out on seeing 50ft waves at Jaws.
F: Actually fly to Maui. Hikes and swiming.
S: Maui. Hikes and swimming.
S: Maui. Did a couple very easy dws problems barefoot. More hikes and swimming.

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop

Holy shit Hugh. Get well soon. Any further prognosis other than 'ill'?

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
well better late than never...
STG: get fit for Spain in March i.e. get back into some 7s on the bolts

m: did some PUs a set of 10 and a few sets of 5 I think
t: rest
w: had hatched a crazy pipe dream the previous week that the weather would be amazing and I would go and have a day up on the grit. the stars aligned and me and Oli were unable to decline the offer of solid blue skies all day so we went to Stanage - the grit tourists default venue (I didn't mind, I hadn't been for ages). A fair bit was wet but I got a fair amount of easier stuff done and I also ticked Help the Aged and Bunny Wailer which I got first go which was pleasing. I also appear to have witnessed Guy VG's ascent of Crescent Arete RH which he did so smoothly I thought it was part of some circuit or other rather than the significant ascent which has been noted earlier on this thread. The day was only marred by losing my new SIMless mobile I'd been using for its camera (thankfully a kind soul got it back to me in the post). Oli was keen to quest off to try Spring Voyage on the Buckstone as he'd got close the other week. It was dark and we were climbing by moonlight which was actually pretty cool. The crimps are small but hung both of them briefly on a couple of attempts, one for the list I guess.
t: by body needed scraping off the mattress in order to entertain le petit monsieur and I was no good without coffee
f: still ached like fuck and did a full days work
s: re-
s: laxin'

Was good to climb on the grit again and continue the boulder vibe but I know that I've got to get back on the bolts in prep for this Spain trip I've got planned in March or I'll be no good to anyone past the 3rd bolt.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal