dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
BBC/BICC Dates 2004
August 19, 2004, 11:36:52 am
Recd this morning from GA. :

Competition Dates for winter 2004/5

The dates have been set for both the BICC & the A5 BBC.  The venues for the BICC are not confirmed as yet but the dates are.

There are a couple of changes this year.

We are introducing some new categories on a trial basis, but only at one round of each series.

Firstly we have the new Youth Category.  This is for climbers aged 16/17/18 on the standard cut off date i.e. 31st August 2004.

Then we have the new Vets category, well really 2 categories.  There will be the 35-44 and 45 & above categories (again based on the 31 Aug 2004 cut off date).

The Youth Category is intended to help bridge the gap between Juniors & Seniors.

The Vets Categories are fairly self explanatory.

The qualifying routes for the Vets Categories will be deliberately made as easy as is practical (remembering that we do have to split the field).

The dates are:

BICC 2004/05
Seniors Round 1 Welsh International Climbing Centre Saturday 6th November
Seniors Round 2 Awesome Walls, Liverpool, Saturday 4th December (this round incorporates the new Vets Categories).
Seniors Round 3 The Leeds Wall, Saturday 11th December

Juniors Round 1 Welsh International Climbing Centre Saturday 6th November
Juniors Round 2 The Westway, London, Saturday 13h November (this round incorporates the new Youth Categories).
Juniors Round 3 The Leeds Wall, Saturday 11th December

The BICC is supported by Entre Prises (UK), One the Edge, High Mountain Sports, Edelweiss Ropes (High Places) and the BMC

A5 BBC 2004/05
Seniors Round 1 Boulder UK, Blackburn, Saturday 22nd January
Seniors Round 2 West View, Preston, Saturday 12th February (this round incorporates the new Vets Categories)
Seniors Round 3 Olympia London Sunday 20th February (as part of the Outdoors Adventure Show)

Juniors Round 1 West View, Preston, Saturday 5th February (this round incorporates the new Youth Category
Juniors Round 2 Olympia London Saturday 19th February (as part of the Outdoors Adventure Show)

The A5 BBC is supported by The North Face, Entre Prises (UK), On the Edge, High Mountain Sports & the BMC.

FURTHER DETAILS AND ENTRY FORMS FOR THE BICC & A5 BBC WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.

T Nagler

• player
#1 BBC/BICC Dates 2004
September 21, 2004, 07:46:23 pm
The first bbc is only 1 day after my psychology A-level exam :x  :x  :cry:  :nopity:  :!:  I will have to travel from london to blackburn in the eavening (after about 5)! I took so long off fror my lase exams I took two months to get back to where I was! :crying:  :nopity:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#2 BBC/BICC Dates 2004
September 23, 2004, 07:37:56 pm
I don't know why you're bothering with the exam to be honest. You'll only get to Sheffield Uni, quit and go climbing anyway. My advice would be to sack it off in favour of the board - get ahead with your training, then you'll be able to bear down in the winter.

T Nagler

• player
#3 BBC/BICC Dates 2004
September 24, 2004, 01:15:27 am
I am tempted! :?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal