UKBouldering.com

Kindle Fire 7 (Read 1440 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Kindle Fire 7
January 04, 2016, 02:17:08 pm
Hello,
Got two of these in the black friday deal for £35 each before Xmas. Gave one to my Dad for an xmas present, and kept one for myself.

I'm pretty impressed with it. Works fine for browsing, email, facecrack and UKB :) Decent size - screen OK (not as good as some phones/tablets in terms of resolution and colour - but perfectly fine). You're locked into Amazons flavour of android - but there seems to be enough apps to make it work OK on their store, and you can download and install Android apps directly (not from the google store) if you can find the right file (I did this for Chrome and Tapatalk). MrsTT is an amazon prime subscriber so I can share her account and watch all the amazon TV shizz etc.. fine and kindle books sync perfectly of course.

Overall, I can't see a downside for the price - does what I need and if I end up leaving it on a train or in a hotel room its not the £££ end of the world.

You can root them and get rid of the amazon stuff - but I tried this and bricked the tablet - but managed to unbrick it, so gave up :) You also get amazon adverts on the home screen when its locked - but if you can handle that instead of a picture of your cat/family/car/boulderproblem (which I can) then no problem.

rossydoodle61

• player
#1 Re: Kindle Fire 7
January 04, 2016, 09:01:15 pm
I got one of these in the black friday madness too. I gave it to my sister as a Christmas present, but played around with it on the day and was quite impressed.

The screen isn't the best quality, but for a £35 piece of plastic, it's definitely incredible value for browsing / kindle / etc. And you won't be too precious about protecting it, I expect. Carefree technology.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal