UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club week 305 21st- 27th Dec 2015 (Read 8284 times)

webbo

• forum hero
Mon. Nothing ill.
Tue. Board crap session although managed a problem I couldn't do on saturday, still ill.
Wed. Board better session, did a couple of things I worked out last night.
Thu. Weights.
Fri. Bike 1 hr 30 mins got pissed on, still burnt off a few calories before the days mega over endulgence.
Sat. Board working out new problems around my new holds. Weights.
Sun. Went for a walk round Kirkby Moorside and Pickering with the missus.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
STG: train
MTG: crush
LTG: Repeat

Been a few weeks since I checked in, I've started a Lattice program and am stuck in Groundhog week (that's not a bad thing btw, the exercises are very enjoyable) so hardly worth posting the same thing every week.

I do 2x AeroCap, 2x AeroPow, 1x AnCap & 2x conditioning sessions every week.  Only the AnCap is anything like I was doing previously.  Think it's paying off already, this week I managed 280 moves on my HI AeroCap circuit vs 220 the first week I performed it.  I also completed the AnCap workout with a bit of grunting but no fails while week one I failed on half the reps, and that was wearing my Christmas weight belt.  So going the right way I think, I've finished this week's program and worked out some new circuits so looking forward to a few rest days before getting stuck into it again next week with some extra volume and increased difficulty.

Quite psyched.

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
M - S: ill/recovering

S: Burbage South - First time there so just went about ticking some starred stuff in the guide. Did The Celtic Cross (6A), Birch Tree Arete (6A), Sitting Duck (6B) and Bad Attitude (6C). Did a few 4's and 5's too, had very quick goes on 7 Ball (didn't have a clue on beta) and Attitude Inspector. Keen to go back and try the stuff around 7A awesome place. Here's a little non-quality video:

JackAus

• junky
2 weeks in a post... Only of outdoor sessions though, not at home with my training calendar...

STG: More V8s. Consistent sub 75kg.
MTG: V9.
LTG: V11. Fear Factory List. 7/10 done.

M 14th:
T: Guessing indoors.
W:
T: The Lip and Frontline. Night.
The Lip, worked V8 mantle, V10 compression and mantle and V11 extension. I get shut down here. It's good.
Frontline, worked Rocket Man and jumped on the lower half If The Shoe Fits V8 (Shoe Fits into Rocket Man gets L'Homme Obu V11) and had tried before finding it really awkward. Turns out I can do this.  Got sequence sorted and now hand in jug and foot dabbing pad. Usual roof cut shit with me. Rocket Man, bunch of attempts. Only a couple going for slot. Skin.
F:
S: Frontline night session. Shoe: Just not deep enough in slot to hold swing. So so close... Rocket Man: Only a couple throws. Back in the slot but not enough to try and hold properly. Good circuit besides this inc a few probs I hadn't done before.
S: Indoors?

M 21st:
T:
W:
T: Nowra trip. Lot 33/34 on drive down. Warm up on my own V5, mate got it easily after struggling on it back at easter. NSK V7 as part of warm up. V4 dyno, V6 DYNO!! Finally repeated my own fucking dyno after nearly 3 years.... haha. Jumped many many times on Joe Joe Dynamo V9 (dyno). Day ended with 2 BIG flappers from the one attempt.
F: Flat Rock and Thompsons Point.
Flat Rock with a rope and no pads. Cleaned highball project and worked moves. Felt pretty good on them so decided to go for it. Did it first go and then did it a 2nd.
Thompsons Point. Mega route crag. Just soloed 2 easy routes to finish the afternoon. Lucifer 11 and Santa's Little Helper 15.
S: Tried to have night session at Lot 33 but somehow the entire cave was soaked. Have never ever seen this before. Completely perplexed how it happened. Went to Cheesedale instead and only 1 problem climbable there was Pack Your Guns V5. I repeated first go and mate took about 15min to do. Went home disappointed.
S: Thompsons Point. Geocache halfway up Santas Little Helper, so soloed the route dragging rope and set up top rope for mum so she could get cache.

Joe, Joe Dynamo. Angle of failure. So fucking close.

Pow. Fun problem...

ashtond6

• obsessive maniac
Bit late this week

M - rest
T - rest
W - indoor bouldering 6Cs
T - traverse at pex hill ~7a+
F - rain
S - rain
S - 2 6C's at Dumbarton, among others. One of which I couldn't hold the holds 2 months ago 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal