UKBouldering.com

Tapatalk adverts (Read 2354 times)

dave

Tapatalk adverts
November 20, 2015, 01:02:19 pm
Word, recently I'm getting ads appearing the thread when using Tapatalk. I paid for Tapatalk a few years back so I'm a bit annoyed to have adverts now, cunts have already got some ched from me. I don't follow tapatalk development or product evolution but I gather at some point in the last few years the basic app went free. Anyone else getting this? Is there a workaround?

rodma

• forum hero
#1 Re: Tapatalk adverts
November 20, 2015, 01:07:04 pm
Word, recently I'm getting ads appearing the thread when using Tapatalk. I paid for Tapatalk a few years back so I'm a bit annoyed to have adverts now, cunts have already got some ched from me. I don't follow tapatalk development or product evolution but I gather at some point in the last few years the basic app went free. Anyone else getting this? Is there a workaround?

i get this too and also paid for the app a few years back.

it's also a bit glitchy now and i have to hit the back button when it tells me i failed to login, then it shws me the threads.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2 Re: Tapatalk adverts
November 20, 2015, 01:52:44 pm
Is there a workaround?

Ad-Away

It uses a blacklist of sites that serve adverts and when requests to these sites are made it redirects them 127.0.0.1 on your device which doesn't have adverts so you never see any.

If you're at home you can do this for any device on your network using a Raspberry Pi and Pi-Hole and setting each tablet/phone/laptop/PC to use the Raspberry Pi for DNS rather than those of your router.  Obviously this doesn't work when you leave your home network.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Re: Tapatalk adverts
November 20, 2015, 07:01:00 pm
I've recommended Ad-Away myself in the past and whilst it does kill the ads, it also may prevent you clicking from external links whilst in the Tapatalk app. I had to whitelist the TT servers in AdAway which made the ads return  :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal