UKBouldering.com

Peak Area Meet, AGM and Quiz next Weds 18th (Read 32190 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Peak Area Meet, AGM and Quiz next Weds 18th
November 12, 2015, 01:21:41 pm
Wednesday 18th November, 7.30pm at The Maynard, Grindleford.

Go here for:

•   Agendas for the Meetings
•   Notes from the 2014 AGM
•   Notes from the Ordinary Meeting that took place on the 9th September 2015
•   A copy of the latest Peak Area newsletter - full of the most recent access issues and more.

A new Chair and Secretary, will be voted in to take over from Neil and Lynn (thanks for all the good work  :2thumbsup: )

Rebekah Newman the head honcho of the Peak District National Park Authority will be there and updating us no doubt about the impact of the further DEFRA grant cut. She will also have some ‘Stanage Stickers’ for sale along with some ring ouzel mugs and t-shirts, so please bring along some cash.

After the butties and chips (paid for by the BMC) it’s the annual quiz.

After UKB's defeat by the UKC table no less we need Cofe and Jonboy back on the team and some hillwalkery types

andy_e

• forum hero
What's the ring ouzel t-shirt? I might be interested in getting one, but when I googled, all I found was this bizarre offering:

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
What's the ring ouzel t-shirt? I might be interested in getting one, but when I googled, all I found was this bizarre offering:

This surely is the design for the next ukb T-shirt?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Hoping to make it this year and to help win back the crown  :boxing:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
This surely is the design for the next ukb T-shirt?

That one will say "Got Ring A2s?"  ;)

I'll try and make it to the meet.

cofe

• forum hero
Yeah I'm going to make an effort too. Not been for a while.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Looking forward to the quiz coming up on here, who is quizmaster?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Courtesy of Rebekah Newman aka Mrs Stanage  :2thumbsup:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Gutted this clashes with the Alpine club lecture at Outside, looks like a cracker. Can we get a live stream?

cofe

• forum hero
Great t-shirt design. And certainly not further evidence that access to graphic design software should be subject to strict regulations.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Gutted this clashes with the Alpine club lecture at Outside, looks like a cracker.

It also clashes with a Brownies trip to Disney on Ice  :punk:

205Chris

• forum hero

Mark20, Rob Greenwood and myself.

In interests of diversity I'm afraid to say that an encyclopedic knowledge of the 1989 Stanage guide and The Power of Climbing probably won't be enough to seal victory this year.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
I sniff conspiracy

dave

In interests of diversity I'm afraid to say that an encyclopedic knowledge of the 1989 Stanage guide and The Power of Climbing probably won't be enough to seal victory this year.

1991 Froggatt too yeah?

fried

• forum hero

:2thumbsup: Highlight of a miserable November day stuck at work. Will you be trying to outdo Offwidth on quiz length this year?

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero

1991 Froggatt too yeah?

Bancroft 1977 Recent Developments?

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth

:2thumbsup: Highlight of a miserable November day stuck at work. Will you be trying to outdo Offwidth on quiz length this year?
[/quote]

I've never produced a quiz (you have to win it first and the winning tables have been knowledge monsters) I've just 'pushed' it as I was so impressed with the quality in recent years.  The other point I've been impressed with is the area committee and the quiz sponsors managing to get prizes for most of the teams, but I have a conflict of interest in that area so am less noisy about it. Its all a great fun celebration of what we love and partly a thank you for the local area efforts keeping things accessible.

205Chris

• forum hero

I've never produced a quiz (you have to win it first and the winning tables have been knowledge monsters) I've just 'pushed' it as I was so impressed with the quality in recent years.  The other point I've been impressed with is the area committee and the quiz sponsors managing to get prizes for most of the teams, but I have a conflict of interest in that area so am less noisy about it. Its all a great fun celebration of what we love and partly a thank you for the local area efforts keeping things accessible.

I wouldn't get your hopes up this time round, the last few years have seen some tough acts to follow. I suspect the bar is about to be reset.

Despite my previous post I'm please to confirm the charades round will be making its customary appearance.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
looking like I can make it. Anyone passing Totley on way out I could cadge a lift off??

205Chris

• forum hero
Would anyone like to advise a luddite on the easiest way to upload the quiz after tomorrow night? It's currently in powerpoint?

Thanks

dave

Stick the powerpoint on Dropbox or google docs, set to "Public"?

205Chris

• forum hero

Cheers, I'd considered that. Presumably it won't embed on the forum though and people will have to download it individually?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

If you do the later then don't just upload it, convert it to Google Slides then no one will actually have to downloaded and can instead view it in their browser.

Caveat : It might not actually convert due to the secret file specification of M$-Oriffice documents (they did at some point kick around the idea of developing and using open formats but wanted to use their own specification with secret bits rather then the existing Open Document formats :wall: )

mark20

• junky
You should be able to save it as a .pdf on powerpoint, then upload somewhere and embed on here
It's looking like I'll still be working away until late tomorrow, gutted  :thumbsdown:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
It's looking like I'll still be working away until late tomorrow, gutted  :thumbsdown:

Want me to have a word with Mr Buck?  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal