UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club week 295 12th Oct - 18th Oct 2015 (Read 9943 times)

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Rehab. Club

STG: Don’t get injured. Strength work, fingerboard or bouldering, twice a week.. Sort out finger.
MTG: E5 OS and 7b RP by end of year.
LTG: Long hard (for me) rock routes in the Alps, Dolomites, Picos and Scotland. 7b+ RP.

M: Westway. 4 x routes to 5+.
T: shoulder/elbow rehab. stuff; ice and gentle finger exercises (most days).
W: Westway. 6 x routes to 6a.
T:
F:
S: Westway. 10 x routes to 6a.
S:

Various achey bits slowly improving. More of the same again next week.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
On trip, so this'll be short.  The next two should be really good :)

M-Travel 15 hr to work conference.  Dump bags at hotel, get uber to local crag.  Warm up as it's getting dark on a v0,v2,v6, then onto only testpiece I can do solo with one pad in the dark... v9 in two goes, then onto the v11 sit.  after about 45 minutes I manage to send it as well.  Well chuffed as it's only the second time i've done a v11 in a session.  Pack up and head back to hotel after about 90 minutes of climb time. Interesting bus ride back to hotel with pad...
T-Work Conference
W-Work Conference
T-Work Conference
F- Work Conference and travel to California
S- Nothing - Hang out with family
S-Six flags - loads of roller coasters

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
M-Travel 15 hr to work conference.  Dump bags at hotel, get uber to local crag.  Warm up as it's getting dark on a v0,v2,v6, then onto only testpiece I can do solo with one pad in the dark... v9 in two goes, then onto the v11 sit.  after about 45 minutes I manage to send it as well.  Well chuffed as it's only the second time i've done a v11 in a session.  Pack up and head back to hotel after about 90 minutes of climb time. Interesting bus ride back to hotel with pad...

Awesome session! Nice one!

tomtom

• forum hero

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
On trip, so this'll be short.  The next two should be really good :)

T-Work Conference
W-Work Conference
T-Work Conference
F- Work Conference and travel to California
S- Nothing - Hang out with family
S-Six flags - loads of roller coasters

Nice!

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
Thanks all!

It's been a roller coaster of a couple of weeks, but so far mostly good. 

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
My goals feel distant.

I'll be honest, my posts are getting later and later, my motivation has almost disappeared and I tweeked my (good and so far never been injured) shoulder really badly at the wall this week doing an easy circuit to warm up. I'm not even sure why I'm posting on here anymore.

monday-saturday - nothing
sunday - some stamina stuff on fingerboard got pumped once then went to bed

I feel if Shark did the Oak, it could be the shot in arm I need to get going again - no pressure. Blaming other people for my failings is not my normal bag btw but I'm clutching at straws here.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
I feel if Shark did the Oak, it could be the shot in arm I need to get going again - no pressure. Blaming other people for my failings is not my normal bag btw but I'm clutching at straws here.

;D

I'll be heading up next week but only because my son wants to go. Really enjoying the change of scene bouldering in the Peak where I'm stronger on old projects and more psyched for that than Malham  :o

Maybe you should do something different too and allow psyche to come back naturally? That something might not be climbing. Or just having a few weeks off. That might be all that's required. Sounds like you were pretty ill the other week and you have worked long hours
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:12:00 am by shark »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal