UKBouldering.com

Anti Hydral cream (Read 59963 times)

dave

#150 Anti Hydral cream
September 18, 2004, 03:33:28 pm
are you sure you didn't just buy a horses hoof?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#151 Anti Hydral cream
September 18, 2004, 06:28:03 pm
Quote from: "dave"
are you sure you didn't just buy a horses hoof?

Easy mistake to make. I went to Tesco the other day for some shaving cream and came home with a pig's trotter, how did that happen?

account_inactive

• forum hero
#152 Anti Hydral cream
October 27, 2004, 10:12:12 am
OMG OMG OMG.

My Austrian friend has just given me 4 tubes of this stuff.  I'm sat here at work with sticky fingers as I type :lol:   His girlfriend bought it over the counter at a Pharmacy in Hamburg :? How weird is that.  Must be many amputee/sweaty people in Germany :)

............anyway will report back if I get any positive results.  I've had loads of problems with my skin since I started climbing again so this should be a good experiment!

dave

#153 Anti Hydral cream
October 31, 2004, 12:37:27 pm
used this shit a few times in font wi me homies, towards the end of the trip where we were getting thin and sxwidgey skin. seemed to do the trick to harden them a bit- - mine still looked sore, but felt OK. Even seemed to help my split tip heal faster as it seemed to dry out the split inside bit and ting.

can honestly say i didn't notive any reduction in sweaty fingers though.

webbo

• forum hero
#154 Anti Hydral cream
November 02, 2004, 12:22:14 pm
dave.you reckon it helps heal cut tip's.i've been avoiding using it since i split mine last week.i read on here that it could make them worse.

dave

#155 Anti Hydral cream
November 02, 2004, 12:42:11 pm
hard to say. i was going to avoid mine (for the reason you say) but accidentally put some on anyway.

so heres the full skinny: got a split in otherwise good skin on ange naif on monday. it was a couple of mm deep, like a "torn open" rather than "worn through". then climbed for 2 days with it taped, all ok (but didn't seem to be healing, and having it under tape allday makes it look wack like you've just been in the bath), using climb-on and antiseptic in the evenings. then used some antihydral and accidentally put some on it, and left it (wednesday?). however i didn't use all that much (just a tiny dab on each finger then rubbed in), but continued to put some on every night for rest of trip, and moisturising as normal.climbed the rest of the trip with it untaped and no problems, started off only using slopers with that hand but in the end even the carnage and hypothesis crimps didn't reopen it. basically by friday it was totally heeled, with only a tiny line where the split was.

Hard to say if this is faster than normal, given the circumstances. however I can say that the sunday before our trip i did a similar split on the adjacent finger trying blind fig, which was pissing blood (the font split didn't bleed) and with the usual course of climb-on, antiseptic and heavy sanding i just about got it to heel up for the following weekend.

did feel like the font split heeledvery fast, but don't know how much part the antihydral played. it certianly didn't make it any worse, when used in moderation.

I always find with big tears that what you are waiting for is for the edges of the split to dry out and be removed by either natural means or by sanding, whilst the tender inside skin becomes desensitised and tough. maybe the antihydral with its drying properties speeds this process up? I'll certainly be trying it again on next split.

webbo

• forum hero
#156 Anti Hydral cream
November 02, 2004, 01:03:20 pm
cheers i'll give it atry.i cut mine on zaff's problem,my skin was fine it's the starting right hand hold full of razor crystals.i sanded them down and taped to climb at the w/e but did'nt yesterday and one of them opened up again.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#157 Anti Hydral cream
April 04, 2005, 02:55:21 pm
So what's the feedback on this stuff? Thumbs up or not? And if thumbs up, is anyone going to get hold of any more?

mark

• forum abuser
#158 Anti Hydral cream
April 04, 2005, 04:01:39 pm
Quote from: "SA Chris"
So what's the feedback on this stuff? Thumbs up or not? And if thumbs up, is anyone going to get hold of any more?

I'm a believer. Reckon it helps keep my tips dry for longer. I don't use much, just enough to coat my tips. I put it on in the morning before climbing. Did initially try putting a bit on each evening but that made my tips too dry and I got a couple of splits.

When I did the bulk order, one of the group never sent me the cash despite many reminders so I have an extra three tubes if you want some. They cost me 3.60 per tube, plus a bit for P&P if you're not in or around the Peak or Sheffield.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#159 Anti Hydral cream
April 04, 2005, 04:11:42 pm
sounds like a bargain - I'll give a tube a go (if you don't mind splitting the threesome up).  If that's okay, I live in Durham so just add a reasonable amount for P&P and get in touch re payment.... I didn't buy myself any Easter Eggs so amputee stump cream will have to be my treat!

mark

• forum abuser
#160 Anti Hydral cream
April 04, 2005, 04:18:01 pm
Quote from: "moose"
sounds like a bargain - I'll give a tube a go (if you don't mind splitting the threesome up).  If that's okay, I live in Durham so just add a reasonable amount for P&P and get in touch re payment.... I didn't buy myself any Easter Eggs so amputee stump cream will have to be my treat!

Happy to send you a tube. Call it 4 quid including P&P. I'll PM you with my address.

Anyone else feeling sweaty? 2 tubes left.

webbo

• forum hero
#161 Anti Hydral cream
April 04, 2005, 04:23:27 pm
I find that it hardens my tips which is great when your slapping for sloppers.Its not too good then on sharp crimps.I guess the amount you use might depend on the type of climbing you going to do.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#162 Anti Hydral cream
April 04, 2005, 04:24:58 pm
Birkby is keen to relieve you of a tube Mark. I'll PM you his e-mail.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#163 Anti Hydral cream
April 04, 2005, 05:14:12 pm
Quote from: "webbo"
I find that it hardens my tips which is great when your slapping for sloppers.Its not too good then on sharp crimps.I guess the amount you use might depend on the type of climbing you going to do.

sounds like just the job - my finger tips are absolutely raw from font and Brimham's slopey horrors.  Currently using liquid-skin to stop them from sticking to the keyboard (supposedly helps healing too) but nearer to my next grit-trip I reckon I'll be wanting to get more proactive on them.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#164 Anti Hydral cream
April 04, 2005, 05:24:05 pm
Aye Mark, I will take a tube off your hands for £4 or so. PM me your details and I will send a cheque.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#165 Anti Hydral cream
April 04, 2005, 07:02:53 pm
This stuff is good. It'll make thin skin harder so you can climb on it with less pain however, if you have dry hands or cracked skin, DO NOT USE as it'll turn you into a leper. I have one hand that doesn't sweat and one hand that sweats for 2. I only use it on my sweaty hand cos when I put it on the dry one, all the skin just cracked open and had split tips on every finger

a dense loner

• forum hero
#166 Anti Hydral cream
April 04, 2005, 07:19:28 pm
freak

SA Chris

• forum hero
#167 Anti Hydral cream
April 05, 2005, 08:23:26 am
Quote from: "Jim"
I have one hand that doesn't sweat and one hand that sweats for 2.

Did someone set up a diversion in your sweat glands? That's damn wierd.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#168 Anti Hydral cream
April 05, 2005, 11:15:04 pm
its not only me that suffers with this. something to do with the 'devils' hand I'm told

SA Chris

• forum hero
#169 Anti Hydral cream
April 06, 2005, 08:04:48 am
From your avatar it looks more like stigmata.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#170 Anti Hydral cream
April 06, 2005, 01:28:50 pm
Yeah, cos christ was nailed to the cross by his fingertips :roll:

mark

• forum abuser
#171 Anti Hydral cream
April 08, 2005, 01:29:34 pm
Moose and Chris, thanks for the cheques. Your tubes of Auntie Hydral anti-spooge were posted this morning. Enjoy the friction.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#172 Anti Hydral cream
April 08, 2005, 03:38:22 pm
Quote from: "Fingers of a Martyr"
Yeah, cos christ was nailed to the cross by his fingertips :roll:

Sorry I offended your Christian sensibilities, will be more careful in the future.

You must be fun down the pub.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#173 Anti Hydral cream
April 08, 2005, 05:18:28 pm
:lol:

saltbeef

• forum hero
#174 Anti Hydral cream
April 08, 2005, 07:36:28 pm
:lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal