UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club week 287 10th Aug - 16th Aug 2015 (Read 19833 times)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Only for the top climber.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Yeah, the guy topping out is definitely standing on the head of the guy doing the press move!

Combined tactics, very old school Victorian.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
STG: Get a couple of days climbing in on UK family visit mid August
MTG (2015): redpoint two more 7a’s and a 7a+
LTG (2016/2017): Redpoint 7b (Sautanz)

Late entry this weekend due to spending time in remote locations with primitive internet e.g. my sister's cottage in Norfolk.

M-T: Visiting family in Norfolk

W: Peak with Kelvin. WCJ Cornice, working Incapacity Benefit. Felt utterly ridiculous on the first go, by the fourth go very possible, like it should go in 2 or 3 more attempts. It is more sustained than the 7a's I've done, but not *that* much harder. Thoroughly worthwhile route and an excellent crag, I'll be back here too.
T: Token Trad Day, Staden: Joint Effort, Suscipiat, wimped out of the precarious and scary top groove of The Nails. It struck me that the routes in the HVS-E1 range here appear to get traffic, but the good & formerly much travelled E3s to the left - Paraplege, Wipe Out, Telescopic Demand - are lichenous, grassy and look like nobody has been on them for years. I wanted a physically easier day before more goes on The (New) Proj, but this turned out to be a mistake because ...
F: Rain. Hung out in Hathersage in the morning, went to Rubicon at lunchtime but further up the dale was obviously clagged in and hopeless. Right end of Rubicon was dry so had a play on Small But Perfectly Formed, but had no idea whatsoever what to do on the finishing move.

S-S: Visiting family in Norfolk, Part the Second

Incapacity was encouraging even though I didn't get the tick: 7a+ is clearly within my grasp even on notoriously stiffly graded and difficult to read Peak lime.

ashtond6

• obsessive maniac
Did paraplege last year. Think they're done alot it's just north facing

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal