UKBouldering.com

French Student in Sheffield - Ideas please (Read 2140 times)

205Chris

• forum hero
We've currently got a French student working on secondment at our Factory and given that he's over on his own without a car I was hoping to give him some suggestions of things to do / places to see in and around Sheffield accessible by train / bus / tram / walking etc.

Unfortunately he's not a climber otherwise he'd be scoring extra credits on spotting / belay duty  ;)

I can think of a few bits and pieces but if anyone's got any suggestions for evening / weekend things to do (museums / festivals / markets / exhibitions etc.) let me know. All ideas greatfully received  :thumbsup:

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
How long are they in Sheffield for? And do they have any interests? Obvious things which spring to mind are Tramlines (in a month's time), Cliffhanger, usual array of art galleries. Rother Valley is reasonably accessible by public transport and can go sailing and cable tow wakeboarding (if thats their sort of thing). You can get a bus out to Chatsworth now too I think from Sheffield. Leeds less than an hour on the train.

205Chris

• forum hero
Good knowledge, thanks for that.

He's here till the first week in August, main sporting interest appears to be Rugby, shame it's out of season over here.

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
Sheffield Tigers RUFC are playing tomorrow at home I think, on the bus route just past the Dore Moor Inn. Don't think they'll have many games left though.

mark20

• junky
Folk Train last Tuesday of each month
5 weirs walk and Kelham Island museum if you like old industry/engineering

webbo

• forum hero
Good knowledge, thanks for that.

He's here till the first week in August, main sporting interest appears to be Rugby, shame it's out of season over here.
Take him to see some proper Rugby either a Super league match or the Challenge cup.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Send 'em to Leeds. Gallery, Rugby, Cricket, more nice craft ale pubs than you can shake a stick at...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal