UKBouldering.com

[peak][curbar][Close To You][7b][morpho] (Read 4745 times)

dave

Did this a bit since, problem immediately left of Walk On By. Starts stood on the block, LH in a decent low pocket thing, frenchstart to a high edge, then work rightwards with thin feet, heading for the top jug rail on WOB. Perfect flat landing apart from the starting block, which you jump away from so its all good. Vague retroclaimers speak now.

Grade is a complete guess, usual caveats. I don't fancy your odds if you're a shortarse. Crap name but I was tied to Burt Bacharach records, and most of them are too long.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I think most Burt Bacharach songs too long too.

Looks good, did Chris Martin confirm the quality? He looks strong on it.

a dense loner

• forum hero
Is that not tony Simpsons thing or is that left again?

dave

No idea, checked all the usual sources, and I'm not a mind reader.

tomtom

• forum hero

Looks good, did Chris Martin confirm the quality? He looks strong on it.

:D

a dense loner

• forum hero
Strange that I know tony did a problem up that "bit" of wall somewhere to the left of walk on by. It was in the mags yrs and yrs ago, maybe that's not a usual resource. Something about passing strangers? 7c+

dave

Perhaps I should have scoured mag back issues before claiming it then. Be keen to know the story here though as what I did here clearly isn't 7c+ (Tony's probably taller than me) and if he did it with no jump start I'd imagine that would be weighing in the uphill side of 8a if indeed it's possible. Funny how three iterations of guides overlooked this.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Dont know if anyone has commented on this or even knows it exists on this board.

Passing Strangers V9/10

Starts up to the left of walk on by on the obvious hold and crimp with poor footholds(for the next move) head right via a large morpho move up to a goodish edge and then right again into the top of WOB.

Tony Simpson

a dense loner

• forum hero
So what are you saying Dave? It was reported in the mags and on this very forum, yet you still couldn't find it and said I'll wait for the retro claims to come in? Where did you look? Derwent walks weekly with Dave Thomas? Couldn't make this shit up, tell me you don't research stuff for a living?  :lets_do_it_wild:

dave

I don't see what your point is. Basically you happened to read the single online reference to this problem and I didn't. Mags? I haven't bought a climbing mag in 12 years.

I should be ashamed of my poor research skills. So comprehensive was this report by the simpson publicity engine in fact that nobody involved with the vertebrate guides, or the BMC Froggatt guide, or peakbouldering.info, or the ukclimbing database, managed to spot it either.

a dense loner

• forum hero
Are you serious? Rupert didn't put over half my wimberry stuff in cos he thought, and rightly so, that they were shit and stocking fillers. Does this mean whoever does a more comprehensive guide to the area gets free for all on all the undocumented stuff?

You don't see what my point is? You said you'd looked and couldn't find anything, when the info is clearly out there. You haven't read a mag for 12 yrs yet Tonys post is from 2007, I'm quite sure he didn't leave it over 4 yrs to report it on the net after it was in the mags!

My point is you were obviously rubbishing the retro claimers yet you did nothing to find out whether you were in fact retro claiming! I told you in the first reply to your post that this had been done and then you start abusing the tony publicity machine for being shit! Now this I could understand if it was the Farrar / Lilleman machine that churns out stuff and doesn't bother to report it except to mates, but it's not.

dave

Lee you're embarrassing yourself. Even by your standards this is an unprecedented level of vitriol, a bizarrely ill-tempered response over something trivial. Are you stuck offshore being used as a screaming human jizzjar by a cabal of frustrated scandanavian rig workers or something?

It doesn't matter when it was in the "mags" as I haven't read them, and apparently neither has anyone involved in any of the guides, or the many online databases, or anyone I spoke to about it (like Bonjoy for instance). I don't know what you expect me to have done, read every online reference to the word Curbar? Consulted your personally first? Next time I will dig out my crystal ball.

I will also in future refrain from making offhand glib comment about retroclaimers, at it appears to have touched a nerve.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Fuck dave, just take the 8a tick!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
You said you'd looked and couldn't find anything, when the info is clearly out there.

Yes details are "out there", its just not very clear since its not in any of the guides nor databases that exist to document boulder problems.  Rather it resides in a post that is eight years old in a thread that hasn't been posted on for eight years either.  Guides and databases exist for a reason, and that is that they are far more suited to documenting boulder problems/routes than posting in a forum.

The fact that the forums built-in search engine is pretty wank and Google is only useful if you know the terms to search for mean its quite reasonable that Daves efforts to find deteails didn't turn up the post from eight years ago.

My point is you were obviously rubbishing the retro claimers yet you did nothing to find out whether you were in fact retro claiming!

Daves comment about retro claiming appeared to me to be light-hearted because it happens so often and its next to a well known problem so may well have been done before, he just couldn't find reference to it.

I told you in the first reply to your post that this had been done and then you start abusing the tony publicity machine for being shit!

The "abuse", if thats what you consider it, appears to be aimed at yourself for being your usual sarcastic self because you think "It was in the mags yrs and yrs ago" and that because you remember it everyone else should.  Thats not the case.

Good work on the problem dave, you should log it in peakbouldering.info so others don't have to endure this sort of bullshit.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Lee you're embarrassing yourself. Even by your standards this is an unprecedented level of vitriol, a bizarrely ill-tempered response over something trivial. Are you stuck offshore being used as a screaming human jizzjar by a cabal of frustrated scandanavian rig workers or something?

:lol: :lol: :lol: it was worth it alone for that quote, I think I might have wet myself.

a dense loner

• forum hero
Bizarre

a dense loner

• forum hero
Oh and most of my venom comes from you and TB saying Pussy 1 is piss when it's not it's fuckin desperate if you're not a long armed lanky **** I can only just reach with my body vertical, a position I'll likely never get into!!!

T_B

• forum hero
Hey don't drag me into this kiddies!

dave

When have I ever had a conversation with you about Pussy1? Don't recall ever saying it was piss. Easy for the grade since the board is at the wrong angle, yes.

a dense loner

• forum hero
You've never had a conversation with me about this! I look I listen I understand. If different people stand there saying you should hear Daves views on the 30, every things piss and citing that as an example, then i come to think of you thinking its piss. The board being at the wrong angle only helps the tall, if it was the correct angle the move would be smaller. Ergo id be able to piss it  ;)

Now whats this got to do with WOB i ask myself

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal