UKBouldering.com

Organisers Needed (Read 1980 times)

MattH

• menacing presence
Organisers Needed
August 04, 2004, 10:27:26 am
Heason Events is looking for organisers around the country to help arrange multimedia shows, book signings and other climbing events.

Running a successful event is largely down to one factor - having a psyched individual with local knowledge who wants to make the event work. Heason Events is regularly approached by climbers and mountaineers who want to tour the UK, but is sometimes unable to meet their requirements because of a lack of knowledge and experience in some areas.

If you are a person who is psyched about climbing events, know your local climbing community well, and want to see more talks and shows in your neck of the woods, or you know someone who fits these criteria, I'd really like to hear from you.

Obviously I don't expect people to do this for nothing so here are a couple of options:

1. You organise the whole event, paying for the venue, speaker and marketing, perhaps sourcing some local sponsorship. You charge for tickets and keep 100% of the proceeds. If you organise things well, you make a nice profit.

2. You source a venue, distribute posters and fliers, perhaps sell tickets, and act as organiser on the night, collecting ticket money and helping the speaker set up if neccesary. In exchange you earn a percentage of the proceeds.

Option 1 is the simplest, and often most lucrative: tickets can generally be sold for £5-£7; innexpensive or free venues abound if you know where to look (Heason Events can advise on this); speaker fees range from £100 upwards. You do the maths.

If you are interested in becoming an organiser in your area, or you know someone whio might be, please contact me for a chat. Speakers looking to do UK tours this winter include Jamie Andrew, Jeff Lowe, Jim Perrin and Jerry Gore.

Cheers,
MattH

-----------------------------------------
Heason Events
27 The Dale
Woodseats
Sheffield S8 0PS
0114 2969114
www.heason.net
matt@heason.net
-----------------------------------------

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal