UKBouldering.com

New Scarpa Vapour V's (Read 3308 times)

cha1n

• forum hero
New Scarpa Vapour V's
April 10, 2015, 12:52:49 pm

Anyone tried the tweaked model yet? I tried them a LONG time ago but they were too stiff for my liking at the time and they hurt my Achilles. Apparently they've softened them a touch, sorted the heel out and added a rubber toe patch for toe hooks. All sounds promising to me.

kelvin

• forum hero
#1 Re: New Scarpa Vapour V's
April 10, 2015, 02:49:01 pm
Funny, I've bought the old ones cheap and have the same complaints. Too stiff and they give a little Achilles pain despite a great fit. A mate has the new ones and really rates them, as soft as the Bandits get once worn in.

iain

• forum abuser
#2 Re: New Scarpa Vapour V's
April 10, 2015, 03:43:29 pm
I got the old style cheap too and really like them, but then I got them in all day comfort size.

Tried various sizes in old and new at the same time and thought that the new toe-box and volume felt similar but the big change was extra heel volume which felt baggy on my narrow heels. Didn't take the new ones because of that.

chris j

• forum abuser
#3 Re: New Scarpa Vapour V's
April 10, 2015, 04:38:49 pm
but the big change was extra heel volume which felt baggy on my narrow heels. Didn't take the new ones because of that.

That's not good for me - the heel on the old ones was sloppy enough...

cha1n

• forum hero
#4 Re: New Scarpa Vapour V's
April 10, 2015, 10:00:28 pm
Tried these on at t'works tonight, bit narrower in the toebox than the instinct (so too narrow for me) but the stiffness and achilles problem's been sorted, they do feel very lightweight when they felt quite clumpy before (imo). Perhaps instinct lace sort of stiffness. I've got a narrow heel and they felt fine, I've never had a shoe fit great on the heel and it's not held me back up to now!

ghisino

• forum abuser
#5 Re: New Scarpa Vapour V's
April 17, 2015, 07:54:46 am
Tried them briefly in the shop.

Narrower feeling heel, miles better fit for me.
The toebox feels "pointier" with the big toe a bit flatter than before.

Funny that this changes are probably just an effect of different rubber arrangement in these areas.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal