UKBouldering.com

Climbing near Grenoble, Mid May (Read 1619 times)

abarro81

• forum hero
Climbing near Grenoble, Mid May
April 07, 2015, 07:58:56 am
Looks like I'll be in Grenoble doing some experiments for a week in mid-May, so figured I'd try to tag a couple of days climbing on the start and end of the trip. Obviously it's a doable distance from Ceuse and St Leger, but has anyone climbed at much of the more local stuff? Pierrot beach etc? I presume la balme will be wet, but is there other good looking stuff near Chambery that might be dry?
Recommendations on good crags where it'd be easy to bum a belay much appreciated!

ghisino

• forum abuser
#1 Re: Climbing near Grenoble, Mid May
April 07, 2015, 11:32:21 am
If you're after local history you Can visit Comboire, which hosts a 60 degrees overhung 8a, possibly one of the first of the area... Entirely manufactured with the first series of entre-prises bolt on holds!!!

Other than that, i recall someone telling to me that the local hardmen tend to bolt a new "secret" crag, outclimb it in 2 seasons, and then move to the next...so the best place to bum a belay would ne their current secret crag!!!

I also recall the same person saying that St Ange is very worthwhile if you climb solidly in the 8's and a good warm weather crag (afternoon shade). Apparently one of the few really local crags where most routes are not about a single finger-breaking move on pollution-greased slopey crimpers (whivh probably means that You have to endure several of them!)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal