UKBouldering.com

Utah bouldering (Read 5379 times)

lynne

Utah bouldering
August 03, 2004, 08:52:06 am
Heading to the States for 2 months in November.  Going to head to Bishop, J Tree and Hueco but am thinking about doing a couple of weeks in Utah.  Has anyone been bouldering there?  If so where is good to visit at that time of year?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Utah bouldering
August 03, 2004, 08:57:13 am
Have a look at this page for an overview.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/utah.html

Dave Pegg has also written a bouldering guide to Utah: http://wolverinepublishing.com/utah_bouldering_1.html

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Utah bouldering
August 03, 2004, 09:01:39 am
** deleted the other post - please don't duplicate posts :) **

Quote from: "the_dom"
Not wishing to punt another site, but ask at boldering.com - there are a bunch of utards who post there that will be able to give you advice etc.

p.s: STFU n00b is their way of saying welcome, so don't get too offended.

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
#3 Utah bouldering
August 03, 2004, 09:03:22 am
I'll just write my reply again - it seems to have gotten lost in the move from bouldering to places to visit..

Not wishing to punt another forum, but ask a boldering.com - there are a number of utards who post there would should be willing to give you as much beta as possible.

p.s: STFU n00b is there way of welcoming people, so don't take it too seriously.

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
#4 Utah bouldering
August 03, 2004, 09:04:15 am
Quote from: "Bubba"
** deleted the other post - please don't duplicate posts :) **

Quote from: "the_dom"
Not wishing to punt another site, but ask at boldering.com - there are a bunch of utards who post there that will be able to give you advice etc.

p.s: STFU n00b is their way of saying welcome, so don't get too offended.

oh FFS.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Utah bouldering
August 03, 2004, 09:08:11 am
sorry, I must have deleted lynne's other post just as you posted your reply and the software doesn't allow me just to tag your reply onto a different topic  :roll:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#6 Utah bouldering
August 03, 2004, 01:43:39 pm
I have been bouldering there a bit. If you are travelling from Bishop, Ibex is a good spot to chech out on the way but I think its a bit limited to justify a detour in itself. Joe's Valley is a great spot with loads of good problems throughout the grades and easy access. Triassic is not far from there either and definitely worth a visit, especially if you are going to Price for supplies. We followed rough directions from a local (just head towards the Dinosaur Quarry from Elmo), but there is an article in the recent R and I bouldering special and good cover in the other Utah Bouldering Guide (but NOT the Pegg one). There are some pics of Triassic here http://www.ukbouldering.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2473 . I was a bit disappointed by Cottonwood to be honest, compared to Buttermilks and J Tree, just another Granite area.

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
#7 Utah bouldering
August 04, 2004, 05:37:03 am
Quote from: "Bubba"
sorry, I must have deleted lynne's other post just as you posted your reply and the software doesn't allow me just to tag your reply onto a different topic  :roll:

Yeah, as I posted my reply in Bouldering, I say Lynne's post had disappeared. Was kinda sitting there going WTF??

lynne

#8 Utah bouldering
August 04, 2004, 11:19:22 am
Also going to Font for a month before I head out to the States, does anyone know if the campsite is open end Oct/Nov??

dave

#9 Utah bouldering
August 04, 2004, 11:35:29 am
which campsite? the musardier one will probably be shut, adn the free one at cuvier is shut. theres another campsite in samorou i think, and another free on somewhere.

lynne

#10 Utah bouldering
August 04, 2004, 12:42:12 pm
Any campsite would do although I dont have a car.  Ill explain my situation and any advise would be appreciated.  Im heading to the Frankenjura for 3 wks then to Ceuse for 5.  I was going to come home for a month before heading out to the States but have decided just to climb instead.  Had thought about heading to Stanage cos if im climbing it has to be on the cheap and i thought Font would be an idea.  It also has to be bouldering as I want to be bouldering well before going out to the states hence the reason for not heading to spain or somewhere bolt clipping.  Any idea :?: s??

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal