UKBouldering.com

Bat Route (Malham) - Beta (Read 2507 times)

JohnM

• junky
Bat Route (Malham) - Beta
March 01, 2015, 09:50:54 am
Does anyone have any beta for the section on the upper wall of Bat Route where you go between two sets of undercuts?  I get too stretched out if I go directly undercut to undercut so I need to find another way.  I was told you take a left hand thin side pull with a thumb catch and step through with your right foot to reach up but I can't get this to work.  The only way I have done it is by crimping the top edge (the thumb catch) of this thin side pull and going up with my right hand but I suspect this might be hard on the link.  Any suggestions welcome!

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
#1 Re: Bat Route (Malham) - Beta
March 01, 2015, 02:19:30 pm
Take the side pull with the thumb catch and put your right heel on the RHS of the undercut your RH is on. Only thing that would work for me....

JohnM

• junky
#2 Re: Bat Route (Malham) - Beta
March 01, 2015, 02:56:45 pm
Ah cheers will try that out.  Just to be clear is it the side pull with the very thin uniform vertical edge and square cut top as opposed to the vague diagonal side pull in more broken rock lower down?  Both these holds feel terrible without crisp conditions!

Kingy

• forum hero
#3 Re: Bat Route (Malham) - Beta
March 01, 2015, 07:00:43 pm
I tried the heel way but didn't work for me. I used the way you described using the sidepull with the thumbcatch for the LH except you get your outside RH quite high to reach up for the next undercut. Its a hard move but right off the rest and you're going for it so on the link doesn't feel much different to on the dog

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal