UKBouldering.com

UKB power club week 257 12th - 18th January 2015 (Read 13305 times)

JackAus

• junky
STG: Another V7. Hopefully Rebel Scum @ Sissy.
MTG: Sushi Train V8.
LTG: V11.

M: Sit ups, press ups.
T: Indoors. Did 1-5-7 on the campus board for the first time ever. At the end of the session too. Quite pleased with that. Reckon I might be able to do 1-5-8 if I'm fresh.
W: Sit ups, press ups.
T: Sissy. Everything is hard here... Even the V1 warm ups... Being 35 degrees didn't help either... Did a bunch of stuff up to V5. Some great problems but nothing spectacular.
F: Sit ups, press ups.
S: Worked. Went indoors after. Didn't do too much besides the usual campussing but went into the gym after and did a bunch of rowing, squats, leg lifts, shoulder presses, skipping, press ups, offset press ups.
S: Sore today. Did a few press ups in the arvo.

Schnell

• menacing presence
STG: fix fingers, 7A+/B proj, two yyfys
new STG: don't reinjure finger or get any new tweaks, find a 7B to do
MTG: get fit for Font at easter, keep working on shoulder stability

M:shoulder stability, reverse flies, shoulder presses and one arm 'shrugs'
also did a decent indoor session though had been climbing the day before, got some campusing and FB done.  Fingers are up to half-crimped campusing which is great.
T. third day on because I knew I'd have to work late on wed. did an hour of trying circuits and failing on 7a+. My endurance is non-existent and sport climbing is not on the horizon so it doesn't bother me too much
W. nowt, cept usual 2 hr commute by bike
T. wall, didn't do any training but had a good time pottering on mostly easy problems
F. shoulders
S. first day out in a few weeks and first time in ages with almost completely healthy fingers. Warmed up on some low/mid 6s then tried a 7B one move problem. Just too far for the tall (me) to lank and therefore I have to jump which I find hard. Have to do some dyno/jumping practice. Didn't get the problem anyway but one to go back for. Went for a rematch with the other proj which has been cunningly denying me victory for weeks after having my  fingers inches from the final jug before christmas. On the first go I got back to that same point, had an oh shit don't mess it up now moment and promptly fell of. then spent nearly a whole session failing to get back to that point before doing it as the light was starting to go. yyfy. nothing new grade-wise but it was a tricky problem and not my style so it was great to get it done.
S. shoulders

Back to training now and I'll have to find a new project for the rest of the bouldering season though the priority is still DGFI (don't get  :furious: injured)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
M- Rest.

T- Rest again.   :spank:

W- Pullups. pushups, clean-and-press.

T- Notts Depot. Hard session. Felt wrecked afterwards!

F- Rest.

S- Black Rocks filming. Cold. Knocked a tripod over at the end of the day, luckily causing only cosmetic damage.

S- Roaches Upper/ Gentleman's Rock, Churnet. Roaches damp and snowy, Churnet damp and muddy. Only tried hard (for me) stuff, didn't tick anything.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Knocked a tripod over at the end of the day, causing only cosmetic damage.

well done for trying

we'll beat The Masters if we keep on at them

tomtom

• forum hero
Can I have some of what you've put in your coffee lagers.

For MrsTT...

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
I hope Cheque is going to use the theme music from The Tripods in his Black Rocks film

awesome tune

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
That show used to terrify me as a kid.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
STG / LTG: Font 7b

M: Depot in eve. Back to new training board, did my previously-in-two-halves prob from day before. Not as hard as it felt when having to keep one eye on a crawling child.
T: Nowt.
W: Nowt.
T: Gym session on lunch, did "gymathlon" - 10k bike, 5k run, 1k row 51:07 for the lot. Totally goosed afterwards.
F: Nowt.
S: At friends' kid's 1st birthday party. Managed a double buffet trip, 3 bottles of Sol and a cupcake.
S: Took a large wardrobe to bits and also fixed a washing machine. Think this might be classed as "building site fitness".

webbo

• forum hero
Mon. Board did a new problem and worked another.
Tue. Bike before work 47.59 miles 2 hrs 50 mins.
Wed. Board struggling a lot didn't do much.
Thu. Nothing.
Fri. Turbo 1 hr
Sat. Board repeating stuff reasonable session. Dumbbell workout afterwards.
Sun. Turbo 1 hr 20 mins.

Dolly

• forum hero
M Pilates
T Foundry Wave but I was too tired and didn't do much
W Nothing
T Beastmaker
F Light core sess at the gym
S Beaglestone. Good progress on FAFBM but no cigar. Battered
S Run on the beach at Filey. Lovely

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
Thurs: good quality fingerboard session then asymmetric pull-ups. Managed proper 7on/ 3off repeaters on the lowest BM rungs for the first time for a year or so. 

Sat: fire-wood chopping and started work on a campus board in my garage
This seems like it'll be a really good fit for you.  You've got decent strength, but lack a bit of the power.  The campus board should help sort this out :)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
that there's the minor issue of my non-existent carpentry skills ...  :-[

Don't do a Dolly / Caldwell

nik at work

• forum hero
STG - Trad projects
MTG - Various "I am 40" based challenges
LTG - 8c

M - The 400
T - AM The 400. PM BM session unweighted, YYFY managed a little personal target of hanging the bottom row mono's with middle finger two handed for a minute, the double YYFY did the same but with ring fingers.
W - AM The 400. NNFN strain wrist at work, bugger.
T - AM The 400. PM 45 min swim, unweighted BM session.
F - AM The 400. PM BM session (unweighted)
S - Nu skool 400, BM session.
S - Nu skool 400, outside working trad projects.

Pretty good week, trad projects are coming together nicely (they are all in the 8a-b range with spicy gear so taking a bit of working) and training is going pretty well. I think I need to keep in mind that I'm looking to peak star of November and try and stick to a steady schedule rather than always pushing as hard as possible, but then again...

Dolly

• forum hero

Don't do a Dolly / Caldwell

Well we climb at a similar level

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal