UKBouldering.com

Andle Stone (Read 2195 times)

cofe

• forum hero
Andle Stone
January 16, 2003, 07:50:36 pm
After a semi successful trip to stanton last friday (i.e. we found some of it) i spotted this boulder in a field - i'd heard of it but didn't know where it was.  
anyhoooose - whats da beta on it? are we allowed on it?  what's the problems?  mi main son scouse dave the doolally scally iced what must be a 7b+ crimp fest ont fron face n i slapped top. its 3 stars n then some.  highball round back n'all.
not ont net much but i'll harvest any feedback from pimpin dave the one man rave.

p.s. spare rib at stanton is a LINE.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Andle Stone
January 16, 2003, 09:04:37 pm
The one with the rungs up it?

I've had a good look at that, looks like some good stuff on it, but I've never found any records of what's what. It's safe to assume that lots of things will have been done I reckon, but who would know - PercyB might know, or local John Bradbury....

mozzer

• addict
#2 Andle Stone
January 17, 2003, 03:34:10 pm
cofe you slackjawed troglodyte!

Spoke to the scuffster last night, he "may book a weekend" when he can drive me up t'peak to burn off some of you northern weaklings on your own turf.

When you working in the next few weekends?

and i hope you have kept steve away from the shandies.

mozz-raa

ps you like my signature? ha ha!

screwyouI'mfromderby

• regular
#3 Andle Stone
January 28, 2003, 08:00:02 pm
Out of my top three potentially new lines at Stanton, the back of the Andle Stone is the daftest.

There's a 6c dyno from obvious footholds, a left handed two finger crimp and a right handed finger pocket (mono for the fat fingered).

A double kick sometimes helps to get over the roll at the top. Finish in the basin. I haven't seen OTE so I don't know if someone else has stolen any other lines yet.

Careful now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal