UKBouldering.com

Trials Videos from the last couple of years (Read 2864 times)

J.Kydd

• player
Trials Videos from the last couple of years
January 19, 2015, 04:48:23 pm
Been here a little while now, and though I may as well stick up a couple videos from riding.
I've been riding trials since 2008. The first video is from the summer before last on Dartmoor.
Second is from some winter training in a barn we had use of in Newton Abbot
Third is from a week long summer road trip me an 3 mates took in summer 2013 - it was incredible

Enjoy!

Josh

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Wow!  :thumbsup:

ferret

• forum abuser
Amazing! Somehow my best Font ticks feel a little less impressive now.

Bubba suggest we need a Jedi emoticon

a dense loner

• forum hero
Only managed to watch the first up to yet, the other two will have to be later. Really enjoyed it, impressive stuff. I have to add in my innocence I'd never seen a trials bike before  :o

ferret

• forum abuser
Font stuff is at the end of the 3rd vid.

Josh you ever tried to ride one of the kids circuits in Font or maybe bits of an Alpine circuit?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I also managed to watch some of this last night, very cool. Curious about the BMX sized bikes and Mountain Bike sized bikes (I'm sure there's a correct term for them). What's the pros and cons of each? Or is it just personal preference?

J.Kydd

• player
It's pretty much personal preference. I used to ride stock (26" wheels), but moved to mod (20") a couple of years ago after my bike was stolen and a friend lent me his spare bike. My stock turned up around 4 months later, but by that time I was really enjoying riding 20" so have stuck with it.
Generally stocks are better for power moves, while mods are a bit more maneuverable so better for techy riding.

I have to admit though, after climbing more and more over winter I'm seriously finding it hard getting back on the bike. My motivation is very much still with climbing right now

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Thanks for the info. Go with wherever the stoke lies. You'll injure a finger soon enough and be back on the bike ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal