UKBouldering.com

yank hamster-faced hardbody chick goes to the tor (Read 4165 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Aye, saw the original Coulthard falling off the last move of Ben's Roof t'other week. The girl bears down!

Doylo

• forum hero
whats the official grade of 'bens' these days peak hommes. I thought it was pretty pumpy but was unsure of the grade, 9 or 10?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Haven't done it but would say it just scrapes 7c+/V10 personally. The Harris reckons 7c/V9 but then he's got everything at the tor super wired and loves sharp crimps, so who knows. How about V9+ :wink:

Doylo

• forum hero
thinking about it, it fits nicely into the v9/10 bracket. I reckon split gradings the way forward, its works well in north wales.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
I'd say defo v10. I think its hard.

But, given that most people think its harder to link PB than it is Bens roof - how hard is PB?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I'd have to say PB is a fair bit easier than BR. Powerband middling 7c/V9 Ben's bottom end 7c+/V10.

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
Nodder flashed this problem a while back - good effort on a nice round and fat v9

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I'd have to say if Ben's roof is V9 then Jerry's roof being at least a grade easier must be V8!

BoulderHog

• addict
I just bagged this a week or two ago and must say it gave me quite a bit of trouble so I reckon 7C+. Kept falling off on the hold before the finish jug which gets really annoying, need to work fitness a bit more I think.

It's definitely a power endurance thing, the individual moves aren't particularly hard, maybe tops 7B for the middle crux section, but it's knackering and sharp. Bottom end 7C+.

Doylo

• forum hero
i fell off the end quite a few times too, exhasperating! some folk think jerry's roof is v8+, are you one of them bonjoy? took me about as long as ben's although its definetely easier.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Quote from: "Chris Doyle"
i fell off the end quite a few times too, exhasperating! some folk think jerry's roof is v8+, are you one of them bonjoy? took me about as long as ben's although its definetely easier.

Don't know really. But was just making the point that if you push down the grade of one problem, you end up pushing down the grade of others. As i said its easily a grade easier than Ben's roof so it depends what you give Ben's.

a dense loner

• forum hero
you give bens 7c+, the grade it's been given n the grade we all know it is. so andy thinks it's 7c, of course he does, he's tiny. he won't know them holds are sharp n awful. they become much bigger when you can fist jam on them. i would like to see these mutant midgets downgrade stuff on the eaglestone :lol: plus it's the only 7c+ on some peoples scorecards

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal