UKBouldering.com

Tonsai, Thailand - accommodation? (Read 1505 times)

lukeyboy

• forum abuser
Tonsai, Thailand - accommodation?
December 05, 2014, 08:57:46 am
I'm going to be in Ton Sai from mid Jan until mid Feb and am aware it will be busy... Is affordable accommodation easy to find, and do you need to book ahead?

Would be very grateful for some advice / recommendations. Cheers.

seankenny

• forum hero
#1 Re: Tonsai, Thailand - accommodation?
December 05, 2014, 11:43:29 am
I'm going for the first time this year and booked in advance to a place called Mountain View Resort. I think it was about £20 a night but the room has 3 or 4 beds so you could get the price down. A friend of mine recommended it so I'm hoping it's decent. Booking online was fairly painless, obviously whether I actually have a booking is another thing, but I come armed with pieces of paper...

:wavecry:

gingerninja

• menacing presence
#2 Re: Tonsai, Thailand - accommodation?
December 07, 2014, 11:07:37 am
when i went i just turned up and found somewhere both times, tho it was 12 years ago now. if youre worried just have a look online and read a few reviews. most of the basic ones are much the same. ton sai was the cheapest with rai lay being a little bit nicer but also a bit more expensive. i think mt view resort is on rai lay east. it might have even been where i stayed first time tho looks a lot nicer now. hope you both have a good time, its awesome. the start to 1,2,3 is the best start to a route ever.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal