UKBouldering.com

Mass Overdose (Read 72374 times)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#200 Re: Mass Overdose
April 15, 2014, 12:34:46 am
Yes. Had a big bust up with a "Cousin in-law" (for want of a better term) over her assertion that "they've had the cure for cancer for years, but it's only for the rich!". She was actually talking about the Gerson rubbish too... And all only a few months after Jobs died.
In typical East European style, Lili and her mother tried every "Alternative" treatment they could dig up and she went to her death bed swilling strange teas and Beetroot juice.
I can't blame her for her desperation, but I struggle to forgive the relatives that made her feel like she just wasn't trying and those that tried so hard to convince her not to take the Chemo etc (the only thing that gave us months rather than weeks) because "it's just a plot to kill her off"... Even some who refused to believe she ever had cancer and that it was the Radiotherapy and Chemo that killed her, because "young people don't get cancer"(?!?!).

There are a huge number of scumbags willing to make a buck from the desperate ignorance of such people. There is also the story of an idiot relative that spent over a hundred quid (when we were desperate for money to eat) on some kind of powdered grass. This confused the crap out of me, as the pigeon English/Romanian explanation made no sense. Until I grasped that some chancer had played on a mistranslation of the term "Stem cell" and was marketing "Grass stem cells" as a cure all in Eastern Europe! Latest medical breakthrough!

Arse.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#202 Re: Mass Overdose
January 02, 2016, 12:22:06 pm

TheTwig

• stalker
#203 Re: Mass Overdose
January 03, 2016, 12:59:10 am
Haha brilliant comic.

My hippy mother is a massive fan of all things homeopathy, choloidal (sp?) silver etc. You can imagine some of the fights we've had over that shit. Ugh

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal