UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Black Rocks, Stanton Moor][6c,6a] (Read 1839 times)

bolehillbilly

• stalker
[Peak][Black Rocks, Stanton Moor][6c,6a]
November 11, 2014, 08:45:16 pm
I did a decent new problem on the upper blocks above Black Rocks last week following a bit of summer cleaning and a few post injury/warm up attempts.  It basically climbs the left hand side of the arête taken by Dolly. Tricky clamping and layaways low down then then easier but high stuff to finish.  All very satisfying :)  Amethyst Deceiver 6c (ish) - I've tried it quite a few times and in the end it felt okay with 'the knack' and some good conditions.

All the easy problems on the Black Rocks upper blocks look like they've had a clean recently.  The new problem is in mint condition (after a dry day!) and I've given the holds I use on Dolly a good clean too.  Dolly at 6b is a South Peak hidden gem and well worth checking out.

Pre injury I bracken flogged down to the 'Chicken Slab' on Stanton Moor and climbed the left arête of the slab on both sides.  Left side is Chicken Wing 5 and right side Chicken Boy 6a.  Fairly low quality but makes the short trek down for Chicken Ginger more worthwhile.  Chicken Ginger is/was also clean and is another high quality but rarely travelled bit of slabdabbery which is worth seeking out.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#1 Re: [Peak][Black Rocks, Stanton Moor][6c,6a]
November 11, 2014, 09:15:17 pm
Good stuff Marc. :thumbsup:

mark20

• junky
#2 Re: [Peak][Black Rocks, Stanton Moor][6c,6a]
November 11, 2014, 09:30:28 pm
Saw your vid of Amethyst Deceiver earlier and it looks great, nice one

bolehillbilly

• stalker
#3 Re: [Peak][Black Rocks, Stanton Moor][6c,6a]
November 11, 2014, 09:31:20 pm
 ;D Thanks cheque, the Black Rocks thing has been burning a hole in my chalk bag since I saw you up there early summer.  It's good to be back on it and fit(ish) again.  Just waiting for it to stop raining on Tuesdays now!

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#4 Re: [Peak][Black Rocks, Stanton Moor][6c,6a]
November 12, 2014, 10:54:16 am
Nice one. Those blocks at Black Rocks where some of the first things I ever bouldered on as a teenager.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal