UKBouldering.com

Stolen bike from Sheffield Uni (Read 1934 times)

Sam

• addict
Stolen bike from Sheffield Uni
October 27, 2014, 12:33:39 pm
Whyte Portobello size small taken from outside the Psychology dept last Weds around 6pm (20th October 2014)

Notable features:
SKS full mudguards
rear pannier rack
cork grips
non standard Deore long cage rear mech
non standard SLX 11-34 cassette
Specialized saddle
Specialized Armadillo tyres

It would appear that the Kryptonite D lock had been tampered with rendering it unable to lock once it had been opened (possibly something stuffed down the barrel, not that you'd ever pick these).  The cable lock on the next day (!) seems to have been cut through possibly with dremel type cutting tool (no crushing) - this was a 20mm diameter cable, so not complete crap.  It  seems the thief cased out the bike as it was being regularly left until 7pm etc. Anyway, if ayone sees one like this anywhere, please let me know. Thanks

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#1 Re: Stolen bike from Sheffield Uni
October 27, 2014, 12:38:14 pm
Sorry dude, hope you get it back (and the scumbag gets his teeth kicked in).

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#2 Re: Stolen bike from Sheffield Uni
October 27, 2014, 03:02:36 pm
Or the course of justice is followed and the offender gets the care and treatment he needs to rehabilitate himself and become a valued member of society, that  and 200 hours of community service.

Day 1 of Sloper's liberal lefty challenge, I may even buy a big issue later, or perhaps that's day 2's of the twelve steps to salvation, I'll check with my vegan dietician.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal