UKBouldering.com

Air BnB (Read 2343 times)

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Air BnB
October 23, 2014, 10:24:13 am
After a last minute and highly successful trip to the Lleyn with the missus last weekend I thought I'd flag Air BnB up as an accommodation option.*

There are numerous options for you from staying in a spare room in someone's house from £6 to renting a whole gite in Font for 12 of your cronies. You can do everything directly with the owner through the website. The owners get to check you out and decide whether to accept your booking or no. It's free to join and we were very happy with the ease of booking (once we were registered - which was a bit of a pain in the arse to be honest) and the place we stayed in. We also really liked the reviews feature. You can review places you stay at and owners can review you too thus you can build up a good portfolio and be more likely to be accepted in the future...

We were so happy in fact that we are looking to book a place in Fontainebleau in March through them as well.

*We are in no way sponsored by AirBnB, just happy punters

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1 Re: Air BnB
October 23, 2014, 10:38:28 am
Do they do £6 rental rooms on the Lleyn? ;)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#2 Re: Air BnB
October 23, 2014, 11:06:15 am
I had a good experience of Air BnB when I went to that London place in the summer

I'd use it again

I too have searched the accommodation near Font...

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#3 Re: Air BnB
October 24, 2014, 12:35:51 pm
I have a friend that has used it a few times and just booked a flat in Glasgow for a weekend which has 2 bedrooms and a kitchen and has cost her about 1/4 of what a single hotel room would have so I'd definitely say it's worth a punt too.  I also know a few people who have used it in Europe and been really pleased.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#4 Re: Air BnB
October 24, 2014, 05:58:51 pm
Used it too... Very good.

There's loads of stories in the press at the moment about people using it to book other peoples flats for sex parties and full-on drug bender raves.  Residents in apartment blocks are getting really pissed off about it.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#5 Re: Air BnB
October 31, 2014, 10:22:34 am
Mmmmmm sex parties you say...  :ninja: :dance1: :lets_do_it_wild:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal