UKBouldering.com

Iggy Pop lecture on R6 (Read 2296 times)

petejh

• forum hero
Iggy Pop lecture on R6
October 13, 2014, 09:11:07 pm
Peel Lecture tonight on R6 - Iggy Pop delivered a rambling, sometimes semi-coherent lecture on 'Free Music in a Capitalist Society'. I thought this was brilliant and it had me enthralled.

Think it's available as a podcast from tomorrow

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#1 Re: Iggy Pop lecture on R6
October 13, 2014, 11:18:00 pm
his program on R6 is always ah... original. He played 'don't lets be beastly to the hun' by noel coward at the weekend. whether ironic or not, i thought this was pretty funny.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2 Re: Iggy Pop lecture on R6
October 14, 2014, 12:02:15 am
Heard a bit of it in the car earlier. Rambling and confused, and brilliant. Going to listen to the whole thing tomorrow.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#3 Re: Iggy Pop lecture on R6
October 14, 2014, 11:12:58 am
It was great, rambling, yes, but very insightful and he showed an extraordinary depth of music knowledge. Funny too. The interview after with Lauren Laverne was also excellent. What a winner!

I saw him play at Reading festival once and he was incredible - I'd been watching bands all day and had reached a sort of tired/slightly bored drunk state. Then around midnight he barrels onto the stage like a whirling dervish and I immediatedly snapped out of my stupor. There was so much energy it seemed like he would explode at any moment. One of the most striking performances I have ever seen.

andy popp

• forum hero
#4 Re: Iggy Pop lecture on R6
October 14, 2014, 11:23:25 am
Free music in a capitalist society?

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#5 Re: Iggy Pop lecture on R6
October 14, 2014, 11:34:05 am
I almost managed to get on stage once with iggy pop at leeds festival. I crowd surfed over the barriers and nimbly avoided the first line of security before being profficently rugby tackled by what I assume can only have been an ent judging by the size of it. I was then unceremoniously tossed out of a little side door back into the crowd.

Iggy was awesome though, if they stuck a cable into him he could have powered the amps and stage lights by himself.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal