UKBouldering.com

Vimeo plus - worth it? (Read 4190 times)

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
Vimeo plus - worth it?
October 08, 2014, 02:17:18 pm
Heyo,
Does anyone on here pay for the Vimeo Plus option and what are their experiences of it?

At the moment I'm producing around a video every 3 or 4 weeks, and recently it's been pretty annoying to only be able to upload in SD if you want to upload more than 1 a week...
I know it's only 50 notes, but I still want to feel I'm getting value.

Cheers

Wood FT

• forum hero
#1 Re: Vimeo plus - worth it?
October 08, 2014, 02:31:02 pm
I've been using it the past few years

Pros: You can upload more HD content
         Jump the queue waiting for it to be compressed/coded/whatever saves a stack of time
         Shiny blue thing next to your name

Cons: £££ for something that can sometimes produce worse quality than youtube (fuckyoutube)

Haven't really uploaded to my own account much this year so havent been getting value for money though that will change soon. Need to stop it auto-renewing! what a chump.

If you're keen on getting your videos out frequently, do it. You can spend £50 in a pub given the right mood.

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#2 Re: Vimeo plus - worth it?
October 08, 2014, 03:11:29 pm
I've been using it the past few years
Pros: You can upload more HD content
         Jump the queue waiting for it to be compressed/coded/whatever saves a stack of time
         Shiny blue thing next to your name
Cons: £££ for something that can sometimes produce worse quality than youtube (fuckyoutube)
Haven't really uploaded to my own account much this year so havent been getting value for money though that will change soon. Need to stop it auto-renewing! what a chump.
If you're keen on getting your videos out frequently, do it. You can spend £50 in a pub given the right mood.

Cheers Guy,
Unlikely though, as I rarely drink  :o

In terms of the quality issue that sounds alarming  :-\ but the extra HD content could be useful.
I think I need to assess whether I've just had a flurry of videos recently or whether it's going to continue...
It sounds like if I have patience and videos smaller than 500Mb, I'm not much better off.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#3 Re: Vimeo plus - worth it?
October 08, 2014, 03:28:29 pm
 :beer2: get it bought then.

Quality is a strange thing, most people (including me) won't notice so don't let it alarm you too much, I think I was just using someone else's opinion as my own to appear knowledgable. I'd rather have less quality and no ads.   

Also, are you rendering to 1080p or 720p? If 1080p don't bother as only those watching on massive screens will be able to tell IMO. Saves rendering time and file-size (apologies if this is a egg-sucking tutorial).

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#4 Re: Vimeo plus - worth it?
October 08, 2014, 03:38:51 pm
rginns- thanks for asing this as I was wondering the same thing (by the way, I think you need to change your Vimeo link in your signature on here as I see my videos when I click on it).

Guy- Thanks for the knowledge!

:thumbsup:

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#5 Re: Vimeo plus - worth it?
October 08, 2014, 04:30:22 pm
rginns- thanks for asing this as I was wondering the same thing (by the way, I think you need to change your Vimeo link in your signature on here as I see my videos when I click on it).
Guy- Thanks for the knowledge!

:thumbsup:
Cheers cheque. Again, rather worrying that link went straight through without authentication... :o now changed.

Thanks Guy, I always render to 1080 but Vimeo then converts to 720.
I'll almost certainly have to plump for the plus version anyway next year, as the long term project will probably be finished by then.

edit: PS: I recently watched your Grit films, good effort Guy!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal