UKBouldering.com

UKB power club week 240 15th Sep - 21th Sep (Read 8440 times)

Schnell

• menacing presence
STG: 7B, get out and make the most of free time
MTG: could turn out to be 7B, find non-menial employment

This is first post back after a two week italian sport climbing trip which was fairly successful. My goal was 7b onsight which I didn't manage, but I did get a 7b+ second go, and was tantalisingly close to the onsight as I slipped off just at the start, stepped straight back on and cruised it. Also dropped the last moves on two 7b onsight attempts. Generally my girlfriend/belayer was a bit fed up with climbing so I had to work around that and wasn't able to get on everything I wanted, and definitely couldn't be projecting anything. I had one go on a 7c+ which felt do-able with a bit of effort. Next trip will hopefully allow a bit of projecting. Other than that I did loads of mileage and plenty of onsights at 7a and thereabouts.

Since then the finger niggles have cleared enough to allow a return to max hangs on the fingerboard. The current goal is make the most of my state of leisure and get lots of time on rock hopefully ticking a solid 7B on the way.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
This is first post back after a two week italian sport climbing trip which was fairly successful. y.

Arco?

Schnell

• menacing presence
This is first post back after a two week italian sport climbing trip which was fairly successful. y.

Arco?

Nope, san vito in sicily. A lovely place and we had a great trip though still a bit too hot at this time of year

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal