UKBouldering.com

Sex Education, when is too much too young? (Read 5168 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Sex Education, when is too much too young?
September 08, 2014, 08:37:02 pm
We've seen various reports about various political parties promising to make 'sec education' compulsory for children in primary school, now I am of a generation and background where the only necessary grounding was that 'girls are the enemy' which slowly mutated into an awareness of girls but no interest (about 22 or so if memory serves) before 'goodness me, she'll wash my socks' (aged 30 or so, but still sadly disappointed).

Anyway, at what point is it appropriate to teach children about relationships and sex.  My view is that prior to senior school its just simply not appropriate.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
it's a trap!

Sloper

• forum hero
Indeed and if she catches me typing this I'll be for the high jump.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
??

You do understand that Sexual intercourse is not described in those Primary school lessons?

They are Human Anatomy lessons, and pretty basic at that.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Slurper,

are you clear about the distinction between being told to fuck off and being educated about sex?

petejh

• forum hero
You're a computer, randomly generating thread topics instead of names for hurricanes, on a UK climbing forum instead of for the US met office. No other explanation adds up. You must be a computer.

ctrl+alt+delete

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
You're a computer, randomly generating thread topics instead of names for hurricanes, on a UK climbing forum instead of for the US met office. No other explanation adds up. You must be a computer.

ctrl+alt+delete

Should you ever have the misfortune to see Sloper try and operate anything of a technological nature you would know just how ridiculous this theory is!  ;) The expression "it's like watching a monkey teaching itself how to drive" was almost certainly borne of such observations.

Sloper

• forum hero
Yes, sadly true, I have a new HTC phone and it took me a few goes before I could answer it.

tomtom

• forum hero

Yes, sadly true, I have a new HTC phone and it took my secretary a few goes before she could type out my dictation on it

Sloper

• forum hero
My secretary (well more of a PA) is ace and far more technologically capable than I am, besides when I dictate she takes a note and then drafts the letter for me.

psychomansam

• forum hero
We've seen various reports about various political parties promising to make 'sec education' compulsory for children in primary school, now I am of a generation and background where the only necessary grounding was that 'girls are the enemy' which slowly mutated into an awareness of girls but no interest (about 22 or so if memory serves) before 'goodness me, she'll wash my socks' (aged 30 or so, but still sadly disappointed).

Anyway, at what point is it appropriate to teach children about relationships and sex.  My view is that prior to senior school its just simply not appropriate.

http://www.dmgt.com/careers

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal