UKBouldering.com

Mailchimp chimp (Read 1828 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Mailchimp chimp
August 04, 2014, 03:55:33 pm
I'm a total punter when it comes to matters of HTML and all that jazz. Currently putting together a work newsletter with the 'drag and drop' method in Mailchimp and I have a few questions arising on the fly.

When it says things like *|ARCHIVE|*, how do I replace the details of this to be the link I want? This particular example is to replace the link for 'view this email in your browser. I'm not sure what I'd put in place of it?

Pretty much the same question for details in the footer too really:

Copyright © *|CURRENT_YEAR|* *|LIST:COMPANY|*, All rights reserved.
*|IFNOT:ARCHIVE_PAGE|* *|LIST:DESCRIPTION|*

Our mailing address is:
*|HTML:LIST_ADDRESS_HTML|* *|END:IF|*

Apologies if this is something painstakingly obvious I'm missing but struggling a bit here. Thanks in advance.

csl

• junky
#1 Re: Mailchimp chimp
August 04, 2014, 04:06:08 pm
Copyright © *|CURRENT_YEAR|* *|LIST:COMPANY|*, All rights reserved.
*|IFNOT:ARCHIVE_PAGE|* *|LIST:DESCRIPTION|*

Our mailing address is:
*|HTML:LIST_ADDRESS_HTML|* *|END:IF|*

This will all be populated automatically by Mailchimp - with the Address etc that you put in when you signed up.

What are you dragging and dropping into the template building in order to get  *|ARCHIVE|* to appear? Let me know and i'll check - but i think it will be something that Mailchimp can fill in as well.

Monolith

• forum hero
#2 Re: Mailchimp chimp
August 04, 2014, 04:45:16 pm
Many thanks csl. Am I correct in thinking that you only see these details when the newsletter goes live? I've sent myself test emails and they still appear with the text as referred to. Alternatively, my colleague who set the account up might have skipped some steps in the setup where these details appear?

The 'Archive' text appears when I click the 'unsubscribe from this email' link at the preheader. I have a feeling from what you say that this will be populated when live also? It is offering me the option to input a URL though and since I wouldn't know how or where to direct a user to view it in their browser, that has to be an autopopulated field?

Monolith

• forum hero
#3 Re: Mailchimp chimp
August 04, 2014, 04:48:48 pm
On looking into it, I see that my colleague has input our organisational information under the settings tab. Mailchimp says that it asks for this information in order to comply with international laws or something.  :-\

csl

• junky
#4 Re: Mailchimp chimp
August 06, 2014, 05:38:00 pm
Sorry for the delay - forgot i'd replied.

Did you send the test email from the template builder?

It's best to create a separate mailing list with your email in it - and send yourself an email as a campaign - these fields will then be autopopulated, they wont be if you send from the template builder.

Give me a shout if you need any more help.

Monolith

• forum hero
#5 Re: Mailchimp chimp
August 07, 2014, 02:36:42 pm
That's awesome csl thanks - going to do a test campaign and check that everything autopopulates ok.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal