UKBouldering.com

Raging Bull (Read 2360 times)

Rhys

• menacing presence
Raging Bull
July 13, 2004, 05:41:03 pm
Anybody have any information about Raging Bull at Clogwyn y Tarw? I've heard about it for ages and I'm quite excited in having a bit of a look tomorrow. I'm not really that psyched about individual move beta, but is it hard? Pumpy? etc. Any problem of a similar nature and difficulty? Just wondering what to expect. Cheers :D

Doylo

• forum hero
#1 Raging Bull
July 13, 2004, 08:37:25 pm
Its quite feisty, expect a nice sustained start then a tricky fingery move matching a small crimp near the end. Good problem, have fun. Red Sky wall is quite nice too, about english 5c.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#2 Raging Bull
July 14, 2004, 12:12:41 am
It is a fine problem, especially if you like stamina orientated stuff. It would be 3 stars, but the best start is unfortunately from an arbitrary standing position by the right arete.

The sds is very unbalanced, too hard really - a  British tech grade easier and it would fit perfectly.

Nonetheless the crux moves at the end and pulling round into the scoop are very classic. Pretty good landing too.

Here Comes Cadi and Shepherd's Warning are worth seeking out as well, and The Punk is very cool, if a little desperate.

Rhys

• menacing presence
#3 Raging Bull
July 14, 2004, 09:15:57 am
Cheers! Hopefully it'll be dry today, I fancy a look at Slanted as well- the photo in the guide is ace. Will let you know how I get on,  :D

Doylo

• forum hero
#4 Raging Bull
July 14, 2004, 02:02:23 pm
the 'slanted' picture is deceptive, its no where near as good as it looks. Punk is a bo problem.

Rhys

• menacing presence
#5 Raging Bull
July 14, 2004, 09:36:18 pm
Cheers again for the beta :D

Went there today- very impressed, fine spot and I havn't seen landings like that for many a year! Unfortunately the place was still a bit green and damp so I only looked at the right hand side but I liked what I saw.

Raging Bull is an awesome problem, I'm back psyched for climbing again but I'm affraid it'll have to be a Wolf from Gladiators effort. I thought Slanted was fucking excellent- fell off matched on the break on the flash attempt :( .

Incidentally it's only the second time I've been there- the first being three years ago when I did Monolith Crack which was my first ever route. Ah the memories...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal