UKBouldering.com

[County Durham][Crag Hill][two possible new problems][7A+/7B] (Read 1449 times)

andy_e

• forum hero

I've done what I think are probably two new problems which weren't in the guide from 2011 from ClimbOnline and aren't mentioned on the UKC database either. The grades aren't really groundbreaking so there's a good chance they may have been done before however.

Snakeshead - 7A+/7B

On the low roof on the hillside below the main area and between there and the Hidden Roof. Start on the obvious triangular jug in the centre of the roof, slap out left to the lip and follow this lip around and up to top out at the flat top of the boulder. A great and pumpy traverse with a tricky start and a draining finish!

Mayday Mayday - 7A+/7B

The obvious line through the large roof on the main edge. Pull on on jugs at the bottom, get the crimp in the roof with your left and jump out with your right hand to the top of the boulder. Hold that wild swing! The landing could do with a few pads as it's not flat and there's a rock which I landed on once or twice after missing the mat! A fantastic move that I thought I might never manage as it;s a dyno and I can't dyno.

Grades may be way out so go and climb them and let me know what you think. It's a great venue on the edge of the moors with loads of wildlife and great scenery and quiet isolation, perfect for a summer evening!

tomtom

• forum hero
I liked the sequence of mat placement refinement for the last problem :)

(was wondering if you could have got a high right heel where your RH hand was and lanked it through??)

andy_e

• forum hero
I did wonder that but the crimp isn't brilliant and you'd probably be all on the wonk. It's a long way through for your right hand too but it might be possible for the strong... Yeah, the mat placement wasn't brilliant because every time I fell off I'd miss the mat, move it, fall off, miss it again, move it back, miss it again...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal