UKBouldering.com

Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats (Read 708157 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
#1750 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 13, 2007, 12:16:25 am
Yeah, maybe I did over-exaggerate quite a lot. Burial's stuff isn't that bad actually, more electronic than dubstep IMHO. Mind you, dubstep's ok but I just find it a bit too dirty for when i'm tired and too dull for when I want a good night out. Not that going to a dubstep night would be a bad night for me, I quite enjoy some proper skankin'...

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1751 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 13, 2007, 12:21:56 am
I quite enjoy some proper skankin'...

Urg!

andy_e

• forum hero
#1752 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 13, 2007, 12:23:01 am
 :-\

Anyway, there's only one good Dubstep producer: Tech Itch

joel

• player
#1753 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 13, 2007, 04:55:12 pm
Some good recommendations earlier Fiend. As for things from yesteryear try some of the recent Metalheadz (vinyl) represses: Alex Reece-Basic Principles or Optical-Shape the Future anyone? If you don't have decks then buy some and frame them as art!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Retro-Vinyl-Record-Album-Picture/dp/B000PTIKXU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1194972719&sr=8-1

Think this is from a couple of months back but it's absolutely great. Soulful drum and bass with a bizarre tamla motown type half time breakdown thingy... (does any of that actually make sense?).

http://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/asp/search.asp?keywords=hot+lick+squeeze&recor=1&SearchFor=exact

Anything Mutt does is well worth seeking out. Also the Good Looking Records saga continues, let's sign up loads of great tracks and not release them to the public for years!  :wank:

All kinds of good things waiting to come out on that label from Makoto, Marky and Furney all great soulful producers if you're into that, just don't hold your breath....

andy_e

• forum hero
#1754 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 13, 2007, 05:00:47 pm
Now then, someone else who knows about things! GLR never release much nowadays, seemingly, it's all about the Dispatch/Horizons/Subtitles tunes...

joel

• player
#1755 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 13, 2007, 05:19:28 pm
I need to check out more from those labels for sure, been getting back into that kind of music recently. My Drum and bass knowledge today is a a bit patchy due to growing up and work etc, but 10 years ago it was a different story! Do you reckon Hospital records have had their day then Andy? Logistics is always good but he will never ever top "Together" from a couple of years ago (maybe with "Together VIP" though....). Dubstep has totally passed me by I am sure there's good stuff out there...

andy_e

• forum hero
#1756 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 13, 2007, 05:30:34 pm
Hospital stuff is getting a bit boring now. Logistics' tunes are still as good as ever but I just get the feeling that Hospital records are gonna end up in the same place as Pendulum. The other day, High Contrast kept dropping non-DnB tunes (more like electro tunes) like Simian - We are your Friends -  :wank:

I reckon Together VIP is better than Together but still not his best work - Look out for Blue Sonix - Luv Me (Logistics remix).

andy_e

• forum hero
#1757 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 14, 2007, 12:48:58 am
Anyway, back to the Heavy

This mix is top notch. If you like dark DnB, this is essential! Brutal tearing beats and nu-skool gabber influences make it an insane 45 mins.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1758 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 14, 2007, 12:53:22 pm

That's good but a little scary - not sure i'd like to be in a club with that going on :lol:  Shame it's only 128kbps too.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1759 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 14, 2007, 12:58:26 pm
Really liking this at the moment

The Flashbulb - Flexing Habitual (Sublight)

You can hear some clips here.

It's a mini-album/EP of 10 short but lovely tracks. IDM/Breakcore with crazy beats and lush interludes.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1761 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 14, 2007, 01:25:23 pm
Thanks Fiend - am also grabbing his earlier "Kirlian Selections" now which is in a similar vein but is a full album.

Another couple that arrived overnight is:

Carl Craig : From The Vault - Planet E Classics Collection Vol. 1 (Planet E)

This is a Japanese release of classics from the smooth Detroit-meister himself, either his own work, stuff released under other guises and collaborations. As always, this is melodic Detroit Techno of the highest quality - lovely.

Pole : Steingarten (~scape, 2007)

Pitchfork review here

Not sure how to describe it really - electronic dub reggae idm or something. Totally bizarre but soothing at the same time.

andy_e

• forum hero
#1762 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 14, 2007, 02:08:21 pm

I was there this summer. Lovely castle. (Schloss Neuschwanstein in the Allgaeur Alpen close to Fuessen, Bavaria for those wanting to know)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1763 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 16, 2007, 11:59:23 am
Not that fresh, but have just listening to an old FSOL Essential Mix from 1994 that some might appreciate.  Quality is a bit dubious, but its classic FSOL spaced out weirdness.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1764 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 16, 2007, 09:31:30 pm
Woo! A new Bogdan Raczynski album  ;D

Bogdan Raczynsk : Alright! (Rephlex Records)

More yummy IDM/Breakcore/Braindance or whatever you want to call it.

Samples on Juno

Excellent and released on Monday.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1765 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 16, 2007, 10:51:08 pm
Lol I like it, it's like happy experimental intelli-gabba-core

CD link here: http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/290745-02.htm

BenF

• forum hero
#1766 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 17, 2007, 07:36:13 am
happy experimental intelli-gabba-core

:lol: Quality.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1767 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 17, 2007, 11:14:10 am

When I am crowned Grand High Chancellor I shall take Schloss Neuschwanstein as my potting shed.

Some good recommendations coming out.  If I had € to spare I'd be buying Audio Assault records by the shed-load.  It's  a Dutch label with a nice old-meets-new school aesthetic.  (Reminds me of nights @ The Arches [the only gigs I complained were too loud for me] and various other Crusty affairs across North Wales.)

You'll get my drift if you listen to AA honcho Bas Mooy

A recent set  - Bas Mooy @ Strictly Techno, Sept 07 (192Kbps*  75mb)

(*It's really hard to listen to anything less than 320Kbps material these days, isn't it?  128Kb on an mp3 player is deafening on the volume.  HAlf past twooo!!)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#1768 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 21, 2007, 09:32:40 am
Houdini - you and Rastata have good taste. That last mix you put up (by the sentinel) was a treat. I think it was mixed by hand for once too. Most mixing you hear these days is digitally mastered and beat perfect, I found it quite refreshing to hear the odd dropped beat towards the end of that mix. And, there's a bit when the dj attempts beat juggling and only just gets away with it. Brilliant. Beat juggling was the mark of the next level in DJing. I never managed it, but am sure Bubs will have done. He was a bit of a DJ hero of mine you know (bubs, not the sentinel)(although, I was on drugs). I shall download this latest offering of yours with anticipation.

Have an excellent Villalobos set to upload but dont know where to put it.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1769 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 21, 2007, 10:45:01 am
Megaupload?

Yes it is hard to find the techno you want presented how you want it.  That's the issue with nEil_M_ and Bushby as they play the music I want to hear but only on a laptop.  (But I do like the fact that instead of buying the latest whatever I'm enjoying some drugtaking loon in his bedroom, larging it regardless.)

Kind words = The Skipping Mix  Alas only 160 kbps, but it is '97 vintage (DX).  (Very hard to skip:  tearaway pace - always catches me out when L'Eau comes in around 03:50)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#1770 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 21, 2007, 11:16:40 am
Just to drag this thread away from beats for a second, discovered James Blackshaw this week. Any fans of Jack Rose are sure to enjoy. This link might work.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1771 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 21, 2007, 12:24:29 pm
That last mix you put up (by the sentinel) was a treat. I think it was mixed by hand for once too.
Aye, it definitely was. I agree it is refeshing to hear a few fluffed mixes but i'm sure that's just nostalgia :)

I never managed it, but am sure Bubs will have done.
Momentarily but not really. I even used to buy battle vinyl to practice but was shit at it.

He was a bit of a DJ hero of mine you know
Awww! Thanks Dobbs but it probably was the drugs :lol:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1772 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 21, 2007, 12:27:05 pm

I'll put that DJ Hell mix up somewhere once i fix my p2p box's hard drive - it's quite good.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1773 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 21, 2007, 12:47:37 pm
The Hell mix would be neat.  Found a neat and current mix of his whilst looking earlier, I'll track the link down & post it.  Pretty much what I remember from the gig (tho the bass was nuts in the flesh).  I like his sound, mental and fun, and really really German.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#1774 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
November 21, 2007, 04:00:48 pm
(I had a quick poke around that megaupload thing and I cant get it to work, I suspect its because I am at work and therefore behind a wall of rabid internet dogs, will do it tonight or tomorrow)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal