UKBouldering.com

Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats (Read 706437 times)

BenF

• forum hero
#1425 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 05, 2007, 08:17:36 am
John Peel (who I vote should be canonised) occasionally played tracks by a band called "Fuck".

Aaah, Monolith is going to be so disappointed.  So is my gran.

dave

#1426 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 05, 2007, 12:49:10 pm
I've done a quick search and I cant find anyone recommending Pendulum.

Totally awesome D&B, I saw them at Global Gathering last year. Their album "Hold your colour" is fantastic.

Get it. Its strangely, sorta inspiring music. It is very very good.

shit, i've been listening to this for the last week. its well weapon. proper bouncy with rather cheesey melodies and ting, plus some good samples. bearing in mind i don't even like D&B this is a good album! i think this and appetite for destruction may be fighting for the title of my Tor phyche CD this summer. may the best man win.

BenF

• forum hero
#1427 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 06, 2007, 12:30:13 pm
shit, i've been listening to this for the last week. its well weapon. proper bouncy with rather cheesey melodies and ting, plus some good samples. bearing in mind i don't even like D&B this is a good album!

There is a mixed CD by Pendulum floating around most record stores.  Entitled Jungle Gold or something similar, it's a little less cheesy than the album but still has the same cheese-laden bounciness that you seem to have picked up on.  High point of the mix is DJ Fresh - Submarines.  If you like this, I can seriously recommend checking out the DnB suggestions on this thread.  Fiend knows his shit and I've got or heard (and liked) much of what he has suggested.  I sense that you are looking for hard and fast psyche music for the crag this summer. 

andy_e

• forum hero
#1428 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 06, 2007, 12:34:59 pm
Seconded- Jongle Gold (i think) has some proper good shit on it. I think it has some star wars things on the front.

andy_e

• forum hero
#1429 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 07, 2007, 07:15:46 pm
A fine mess comes from chatting with a rabbit!

High Rankin/Molten Vinyl records mix. Ace.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1430 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 07, 2007, 10:57:05 pm
(Also posted on UKClimbing but you lot deserve it too)

http://www.last.fm/music/Sharad+Anand/Autumn+Leaves+-+Sharad

Melodic electronica, by an artist who sadly committed suicide at the age of 27.

Having search around a lot so far, I can't find any trace of the artist nor album on Juno, Discogs, Amazon etc etc. If anyone finds it, do tell me...

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#1431 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 08, 2007, 10:17:57 am
Does anyone know what the original track is of this remix. I know it's the Beastie Boys but not very familiar with their catalogue. If you click on the video at the top of this page here for the Count Bass D remix.

Pretty cool tune I thought.

RASTATA

• addict
#1432 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 09, 2007, 01:52:42 pm
http://www.groovetechno.org/public/sesiones/umek@live_at_mayday2002.mp3

(right click/save as)

Proper madness from mr. Umek, altough a little bit old, but is hard to find good techno these days.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#1433 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 09, 2007, 10:20:50 pm
Holy breakage, Batman!

Hard to believe this one passed over my head before... This is not cheesey poppy DnB for people who don't like DnB - this is proper deep breakage DnB for the headz out there - soulful melodies, dubby basslines, well crafted complex breaks. Good style!

andy_e

• forum hero
#1434 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 09, 2007, 10:43:54 pm
Yeah, that's phat. Nice and liquid for a bit of chillout.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#1435 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 11, 2007, 09:38:07 pm
Quote from: Golt on September 18, 2006, 11:18:59 PM
I've done a quick search and I cant find anyone recommending Pendulum.

Totally awesome D&B, I saw them at Global Gathering last year. Their album "Hold your colour" is fantastic.

Get it. Its strangely, sorta inspiring music. It is very very good.

shit, i've been listening to this for the last week. its well weapon. proper bouncy with rather cheesey melodies and ting, plus some good samples. bearing in mind i don't even like D&B this is a good album! i think this and appetite for destruction may be fighting for the title of my Tor phyche CD this summer. may the best man win.

Glad you've discovered the awesomeness of Pendulum. I've got a 40 minute breezeblock mix off Radio 1 on the MP3 player in the car at present, exactly what you need to get you keen!!!!!!! If I could figure a way of getting it for everyone to hear, you'd know what I mean  :-\ :-\

andy_e

• forum hero
#1436 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 11, 2007, 09:49:59 pm
Try something like sendspace or megaupload

http://www.dogsonacid.com/mixes

The Noisia one is exquisite.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#1437 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 11, 2007, 10:09:09 pm
Drum and bass is so fucking good... There I was getting a bit fed up that the previous few months had been pretty dry for it, and recently there's been some shit hot stuff throughout the spectrum. It's all good.

And yeah I'm downloading the Noisia mix...

andy_e

• forum hero
#1438 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 11, 2007, 10:31:43 pm
Oh aye, and http://www.breaksblog.biz for more!

(woz)

• forum abuser
#1439 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 12, 2007, 10:34:17 am
Try something like sendspace or megaupload

http://www.dogsonacid.com/mixes

The Noisia one is exquisite.

Good link Andi. You might have earned yourself a wad point if you hadn't risen to GCW.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1440 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 12, 2007, 11:22:33 am
http://www.groovetechno.org/public/sesiones/umek@live_at_mayday2002.mp3

(right click/save as)

Proper madness from mr. Umek, altough a little bit old, but is hard to find good techno these days.

Old?  This is quality; quality doesn't age easily. Umek's never been stuck in one sound - I love it when he goes disco.  Danke.

Uncle:  I'm on borrowed time on this PC, as soon as I'm back in the Technarium and off a building site I'll peruse Herr Troys' set.  Cheers.

PS.  I just like to offer a hearty fuck you to all those that chose to party at TIME (gag!) in Bangor last Friday and not Hendre as you should have done.  Two amazing DJ's from Berlin with some blinding underground sounds were there, yet the place was forced to close around 00:30 due to only a dozen paying customers in attendance!  Which was an issue for me as I'd taken what is often refered to as a "heroic dose"...  of everything.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 11:30:52 am by Houdini, Reason: more random bitching. »

RASTATA

• addict

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
#1442 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 13, 2007, 02:52:18 pm
cheers rastata,

a flavour of what i'm gonna be gurning to at bloc

ten more sleeps  :greed:

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#1443 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 13, 2007, 03:31:19 pm
Moving away from techno to my other love, I would like to recommend;

Papa M - Whatever, Mortal
- This was actually recommended back in 2004 but in another thread. It needs re-recommending because it's really great. Featuring David Pajo and his guitar, some soft second vocals, second guitar, and some really honest lyrics. It's failry simple Pajo, not massive instrumentation, and this is what appeals to me. Simplicity is often correlated with honesty and goodness which is true in this case. Infact, Tolstoy put it best "There is no greatness where simplicity, goodness, and truth are absent". So, buy it, download it, enjoy it.

Blunk

• obsessive maniac
#1444 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 15, 2007, 04:15:07 am
Those of you on the P2P beat, would you mind looking for a track called Swingin Smog by Smokers Delight?  It's off the Sessions video, I cannot find it anywhere and would dearly love to have it.

Many thanks--

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#1446 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 20, 2007, 10:56:28 pm
I downloaded (legally from eMusic) the new Early Years EP 'The Great Awakening' before I went on holiday and found it to be the perfect soundtrack for pre-surf psych and post-surf relaxation... Four quality varied tunes.

http://www.theearlyyears.org.uk/index.php?s=records

Props to Johnny Brown (who even owns a T-Shirt!), Si Panton and others for recommending the album on here last year - it's a real 'grower' and has soundtracked a trip to Ireland, numerous early morning and sunset drives through the peak, wales and scotland and many a late evening...  :thumbsup:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1447 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 21, 2007, 12:42:39 pm
I'm pretty sure everythnig I recommend gets ignored, but new stuff by Kieran Hebden (Four Tet) and Steve Reid is good listening. Bit experimental, so sometimes sounds a bit awkward, but often excellent.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#1448 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 22, 2007, 08:33:54 pm
Don't know about everybody else, but I'm loving Mark Ronson's new tune Stop me. Really good sound.

http://www.myspace.com/markronson

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#1449 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 22, 2007, 09:23:52 pm
I too am pretty sure that everything I recommend gets ignored (with the obvious exception pointed out by Falling Down), but here goes...

This week on my customary drive through the tunnels on the A55 to and from the Ormes I staged my very own Deftones revival with a rather dusty old copy of White Pony. Who the hell, my fellow car drivers might have thought, was that crazy long hair singing along at the top of his voice to songs that he clearly doesn't know the correct lyrics for? Well folks that was me, and in my mind I was stage diving backwards from a 2 hundred foot high speaker stack into the biggest mosh pit that ever existed (and no I didn't get dropped). And the music sounded so powerful and so perfect that I am still at a loss to understand why their subsequent eponymous release left me so cold?

Anybody got their head around Saturday Night Wrist yet? The reviews look promising, perhaps a return to form?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal