UKBouldering.com

Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats (Read 708153 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
#1400 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
February 21, 2007, 01:42:08 am
Fuckin' WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa mate! Ya swanny dickhead.

EURONOB

Haha. Even funnier when stoned.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#1401 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
February 21, 2007, 08:23:53 am

Also of note is R Kelly's Hip Hopera. I don't know if this has been mentioned before on this thread but I downloaded and listened to all 12 parts lastnight. How much coke and under age sex went into the making of that I have no idea but it was truly inspired in the most horrific yet funny way. It's available on oink or via itunes for those who care. The video to accompany it is also on youtube. Parts 1-5 can be found . Part 6 can be found . Part 7 is . along with , , , , and . Perhaps this should also be posted in the video's thread... be warned. Watching all these will take approximately 40min of your life. It is easily worth it in my opinion.

Hip Hopera is indeed genious and all the more hilarious when you realise how seriously R Kelly takes himself.  Do not miss this!

For another amusing take on it check out

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1402 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
February 22, 2007, 10:45:12 am
Rinseoooot selecta!

All you DNB heads already own Big Bud's excellent smooth rolling "Fear Of Flying" CD, right?? This is a remix CD of that album and is pretty topnotch stuff in similarly smooth and rolling way, but with the tracks suitably different to the original.

Now, a special offer for you lot. This is a pointless double CD with a mixed CD, and an unmixed CD which simply has two less tracks than the mix. I'm going to get it and keep the mixed CD, but I will happily give the unmixed version away to someone who wants it - and I need a volunteer for that. I'm guessing Andi or Ben might be interested but then again I might prefer to give it to someone who I didn't know was into DNB....

soapy

• junky
    • maskon

BenF

• forum hero
#1404 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
February 22, 2007, 04:12:22 pm
I'm guessing Andi or Ben might be interested but then again I might prefer to give it to someone who I didn't know was into DNB....

Cool offer Fiend, thanks for the shout but I reckon I'll head out to get the whole shebang as the mixed CD is what will really float my boat.  I struggle to listen to unmixed DnB stuff, but would want to check out the mix.  I've written it down and will get on the case to purchase.

andy_e

• forum hero
#1405 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
February 25, 2007, 03:16:56 pm
High Rankin- heavy grimy DnB

Anybody know of any other good heavy, dark DnB producers? Like Black Sun Empire for example...

Eddies

• forum hero
#1406 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
February 25, 2007, 04:06:41 pm
If you like dirty stinking basslines then there is only one.. DILLINJA of Valve Recordings:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=122244424

If Jazz music with rap lyrics is your bag then check out Soweto Kinch:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=60467493

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 04:14:14 pm by EDDIES, Reason: adding links »

Duma

• forum hero
#1407 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
February 25, 2007, 08:51:33 pm
live looping and beatbox type thang - joe driscoll is fuckin a
saw the man at the synergy project last year and blew me away.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#1408 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
February 25, 2007, 10:01:13 pm
Anybody know of any other good heavy, dark DnB producers? Like Black Sun Empire for example...

Did someone say heavy dark DnB?? Really?? They did! Woot!  ;D

For serious heaviness, you need in your life:

Leon Switch & Kryptic Minds - Black Out EP CDs (???) - just good dark shit, More Like You track is super-heavy.

Various/Manifest - Future Beats 02 (Renegade Hardware) - excellent comp on RH, top quality hard hitting tracks.

Various/Evol Intent - Us Against The World (Barcode) - RH's "heavier" sister label. Serious chopped up industrial style.

Ohm Resistance - Forwards In Backwards Time (Ohm) - As before, dark industrial gnarl-step.

Panacea - Low Profile Darkness / Twisted Designz / Position Chrome Retrospective (Position Chrome) - German uber-dark-step legend, much championed by John Peel. Top notch dark distorted industrial beats.

For slightly less heavy but still very good, you need:

Bad Company - Inside The Machine / Digital Nation - classic "intelligent" hard dnb.

Dom & Roland - Chronology - very well produced interesting cinematic techstep.

Various/Dieselboy - The Dungeonmasters Guide - mixture of heavy and uplifting tracks, top quality.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#1409 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 02, 2007, 06:41:23 pm
Ballistic dance-floor tech-step?? Ooooh yes please!

Never paid much attention to Gridlok before, but this looks to be a stormer, balancing out pacy jump-up squelchy wobbles with techy atmospheres and beats.

Again this comes with a pointless non-mix CD with the same tracks as the mix, which I'm quite likely to give away - anyone want it?? Still got the Big Bud mentioned in a previous post, haven't listened to both yet but once I do it's likely Andi will get it...

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#1410 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 04, 2007, 10:19:26 am
For those who (like me) couldn't make it to troy pierce lastnight;

Troy Pierce - Live at Esko - 19/01/2007

Turn it up, take your top off, and enjoy techno hounds  :dance1:
ps. Hope this lives up to expectation houdini. Bear in mind this is Troy Pierce, on m-nus, ie. mnml.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#1411 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 04, 2007, 10:51:00 am
If you're a fan of Prince, you might like Van Hunt

Currently checking out his On The Jungle Floor. Very Princey.

BenF

• forum hero
#1412 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 04, 2007, 11:01:10 am
Monolith, I'm just listening to Alex Smoke - Paradolia on Soma recordings and thought of you.  Borrowed it if someone last night and reckon it'd be up your street (if it ain't already there).  Nice, laidback, silky beats.  Reminiscent of some of Ritchie Hawtin's mellow stuff.  Maybe.

Monolith

• forum hero
#1413 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 04, 2007, 11:08:32 am
Alex Smoke is indeed selecta Ben, good work lad. I have several compilations for you waiting to be burnt on my laptop. Will make a point of having them ready for next time I see you.

Also, do you know if there is a band called The Fuck? If there isn't, I'd like to take the title.

BenF

• forum hero
#1414 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 04, 2007, 11:23:56 am
Can I be in your band Mono?  I just want to join so that I get the chance to explain to my gran what the name of my band is.

Monolith

• forum hero
#1415 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 04, 2007, 11:27:07 am
 :lol:

Of course you can Ben and so can your Nan.

BenF

• forum hero
#1416 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 04, 2007, 11:44:17 am
Just to confirm to anyone who is interested (probably just me and Monolith then). 

A (very) quick Google search brought up no hits for any bands called "The Fuck", but I did find a band called "The Fucking Band".  God knows why I'm posting this since I searched whilst talking on the phone to Monolith, so he already knows and no one else is likely to give a toss.  Guess who's trying to spend this wet Sunday morning studying for an assignment due in soon?  Maybe I'll hoover the bathroom next.  Then write a things to do list.

Monolith

• forum hero
#1417 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 04, 2007, 11:48:32 am
It's pretty unbelievable to think there has never been a band called The Fuck. I think the most likely scenario is that teenagers would typically choose this as a band name, but wouldn't actually call themselves The Fuck. They wouldn't be able to get a slot at the church fete, wouldn't be able to tell their gran, wouldn't be able to legally wear any of their merchandise...

The Fuck it is then.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
#1418 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 04, 2007, 01:11:49 pm
and back on topic, here's a reupload of the Troy Pierce set I posted previously. The other link might not have been working anymore, so here's a fresh one.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1l3co1

Enjoy.

BenF

• forum hero

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#1420 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 04, 2007, 04:32:27 pm
And back off again...

John Peel (who I vote should be canonised) occasionally played tracks by a band called "Fuck". Earlier on in their Peel appearances he introduced them as "the band with the rudest name in the world". Later on as Radio 1 became more hip, edgy, incisive (and fucking boring), he was allowed to call them Fuck.

P.S. Hope you've been heeding those DnB recommendations I posted....been a bit dry until now.

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#1421 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 04, 2007, 04:51:30 pm
John Peel (who I vote should be canonised)

Using what kind of cannon?

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
#1422 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 04, 2007, 06:37:30 pm
And back off again...

John Peel (who I vote should be canonised) occasionally played tracks by a band called "Fuck". Earlier on in their Peel appearances he introduced them as "the band with the rudest name in the world". Later on as Radio 1 became more hip, edgy, incisive (and fucking boring), he was allowed to call them Fuck.

P.S. Hope you've been heeding those DnB recommendations I posted....been a bit dry until now.

After hearing them on John Peel I went out and actually bought the album! Shows how long ago that was... anyhow, they're not as bad as the name would suggest (if you believe that bands with egdy names are usually shit) and I might even be pushed to recommend some of their tracks!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#1423 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 04, 2007, 09:07:28 pm
John Peel (who I vote should be canonised)

Using what kind of cannon?

Need you ask? Goose of course.

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#1424 Re: Funky f-f-f-f-f-ffffresh beats
March 04, 2007, 09:26:04 pm
Got tO get Out of bed pretty quick smartiSh to catch you out fiEnd.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal