UKBouldering.com

Wifi royally getting on my fucking tits (Read 16457 times)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
probably because i've not understood a word of the last 3 posts you've put up

dave

Shouldn't you be reinstalling windows right now?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
er no. IIRC its sounds to me like you've gone a ridiculous way around trying to make up for the fact you've got a shit router when the solution was a simple and obvious one, IE switch your virgin router onto modem mode and buy a decent router

dave

Decent routers looked to be similar money to the power line kit, would still have two supporting walls to get through, so front room would still have been a weak spot.

mr__j5

• menacing presence
  • Peter J
  • tall, bendy and weak
Sounds like everything that you did was perfectly sane.

No idea why the chromecast wouldn't work but I don't know much about them.

Certainly multiple access points with the same SSID, same encryption settings and same password should work fine.
Sometimes it might take a bit longer than you'd expect for a device to switch from 1 access point to another if you wander around the house, but otherwise should be pretty seamless.

dave

Cheers, I might try disabling the wifi on the router to make sure the Chromecast is connecting via the powerline.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
 Dave not sure if it helps but Chromecast has to be set up from a wireless device. My wired PC can cast to my TV but the initial set up had to be done via my laptop connecting wirelessly.

dave

Yeah I already set it up the first time round fine via iPad. Trying the same again just on a new instance of the old ssid.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
You could try the Factory Data Reset.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
If a Factory Data Reset doesn't work you could try soliciting assistance in the Official Google Chromecast Product Forum or perhaps on /r/Chromecast.

Not had this problem myself so can't offer any insight and as mr__j5 says you've done the sane/logical things already.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal