UKBouldering.com

Summer Breeze (Read 2542 times)

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Summer Breeze
July 12, 2004, 10:03:05 pm
What's the deal with this new line at RHS? There's a picture in the news on PF.

How come this remained unclimbed for so long?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Summer Breeze
July 12, 2004, 10:06:18 pm
I always thought that it had already been done at E5 :?

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#2 Summer Breeze
July 12, 2004, 10:12:21 pm
Not tinking of dry wit in a wet country? to the left of kaluza, this is behind it

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#3 Summer Breeze
July 13, 2004, 08:08:05 am
This line was climbed as a boulder problem by Neil Bentley about 5 years ago, but he finished at the break. Tony Simpsons 'new' route does this problem and finishes up the top of the route to the right I think - an E2 I did years ago. I'm not convinced this is a new route, but its nice climbing. The real line is this arete on the left hand side. Nice and high, and brick hard. At least Font 7c/7c+ or harder with hard moves high up. A few mats and a couple of spotters would make it safe though. A last great problem, maybe?!?!

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#4 Summer Breeze
July 13, 2004, 10:55:41 am
I was trying the arete direct a few years ago and was getting to a position to slap for the break (but didn't as a. i was climbing onsight so I didn't know what the break was like, b. I was on my own and c. the other two are good enough excuses).  :)

There's a good sort of hold about 5' up the arete that you match before crossing over with the right to a one finger nubbin on the arete that you can use with a crafty thumb sprag, before getting your feet up on good holds and using a crumbly undercut on the left wall, after that i don't know, but as percy said it shouldn't be that hard. :?:

Probably worth giving the break a good scrub first though.

dave

#5 Summer Breeze
July 13, 2004, 11:02:18 am
on a slight tangent, int there summert at the stride called path of the Richeous Man, summert by SamW? where the fuck is this then?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#6 Summer Breeze
July 13, 2004, 11:09:16 am
Quote from: "dave"
on a slight tangent, int there summert at the stride called path of the Richeous Man, summert by SamW? where the fuck is this then?

E7 6c (i think) on the biggest of the pinnacles just right of the big block which leans on it. It has lost a hold due to someone foolishly putting gear behind a weak flake then falling onto it. Not sure if it has been repeated since.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#7 Summer Breeze
July 14, 2004, 11:04:49 am
...Tom de gay is the man responsible - don't think its been done since.

However, with the big pads that the likes of Jim are currently sporting this is a real candidate for the highball treatment. Landing is perfect, just need a couple of spotters and a few pads

Tom de Gay

• stalker
#8 Summer Breeze
July 14, 2004, 06:30:23 pm
Yes, sorry about that. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Just for the record, though, I did go back shortly afterwards and did it 'quietly and without incident'. A good pair of jeans is recommended (preferably brown).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal