UKBouldering.com

Annot (Read 3064 times)

toto

Annot
July 12, 2004, 01:31:10 am
Bouldered in annot a couple of times this year, is a really cool spot with so many blocs to develop, a really good topo, cool gites to stay in and pretty good weather. When i went i had pretty good luck as i met up with a couple of guys who knew the area and were opening up a few nice 7cs. I went from avignon which meant a bus to digne then either a bus or a train across to annot. the bouldering starts about 4km from the town centre and is centred around a track that runs up through the forest and allows access to the secteurs.
the rock is sandstoen though much more coarse than font, and the quality of the rock generally improves as you climb the hill towards the higher areas, la crete being one of the best. the forest consists of more alpine trees than you would see at font and gives gives a really cool vibe. lower areas can be busy during weekends but the higher you go the less folk there are and the better the bouldering is, when i say higher that only means a 20 minute drive, all the secteurs are roadsideish. as for accomodation, the gites half way up the hill with mega boulders sitting just outside the windows are the best option as they are so close to the climbing and cheap as you like, 25 Es a night including heating, and there are four beds.  there are shops and all those jazzy types of affairs down in the big A itself. the best time of year to go if maybe may to september, ie. before the snow comes though it may be a touch too hot for big crimpin' in mid summer,

anyway, this is all in a big of a random order but hope it helps,

also if you read french check out the site www.annotabloc.org

a dense loner

• forum hero
#1 Annot
July 12, 2004, 09:06:07 am
sounds good, but surely you should be writing about the bouldering in africa :roll:

toto

#2 Annot
July 12, 2004, 02:12:30 pm
or in the wild west maybe?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#3 Annot
July 12, 2004, 02:34:27 pm
could do , but i've always found theres no place like home!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal