UKBouldering.com

PODSACS - Phenomenal CrashPad Deals (Read 15533 times)

Nails

• addict
PODSACS - Phenomenal CrashPad Deals
April 25, 2014, 12:41:13 pm

PODSACS Crashpad - only £59.99 (was £125) http://www.podsacs.com/i/q/CCPODCP/pod-crash-pad

8cm x 95cm x 100cm

The original Podsacs crashpad offers great protection for the recreational boulderer who will appreciate the ease of use and low bulk for easy storage and transportation. This classic hinged design uses high quality foams and durable Cordura fabrics.

PODSACS Super Crashpad - only £79.99 (was £145) http://www.podsacs.com/i/q/CCPSCP/pod-super-crash-pad

9cm x 100cm x 135cm

This is a bargain. Comparable bouldering mats cost at least £150. We have only 18 left. For higher or harder problems this original taco pad design provides a larger landing area with greater foam depth and continuous seam free foam coverage. The reverse wrap ensures the hard foam is maintained in excellent condition and aids a dirt free carry.

View and Buy Here: http://www.podsacs.com/c/q/climbing-equipment

View Our Other Offers Here: http://www.podsacs.com

Follow what's going on with Pod: https://www.facebook.com/podsacs

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1 Re: PODSACS - Phenomenal CrashPad Deals
April 25, 2014, 01:43:34 pm
fuck me crumbs! that's a good offer

on the smaller pads, is the landing surface the one on the inside when folded?

Nails

• addict
#2 Re: PODSACS - Phenomenal CrashPad Deals
April 25, 2014, 02:28:43 pm
Yes, it is a very good price. It's amazing what you can do with direct sales. I should also emphasise that these are all existing stock. They haven't changed in any way from those that were being retailed at £125 and £145 respectively.

Oh, and to answer the question, no the landing surface is the external coloured side. The black inner side goes on the deck.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#3 Re: PODSACS - Phenomenal CrashPad Deals
April 25, 2014, 05:18:34 pm
any reason I couldn't swap the foam round so the landing area is on the "inside" ?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#4 Re: PODSACS - Phenomenal CrashPad Deals
April 25, 2014, 05:39:55 pm
jesus fuckin christ, I'm so glad I'm not in a customer facing business having to deal with this shit. how do you put up with it nails? buy it then use it as a fucking go-cart if you want lagers

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#5 Re: PODSACS - Phenomenal CrashPad Deals
April 25, 2014, 05:58:30 pm
cool

thanks

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#6 Re: PODSACS - Phenomenal CrashPad Deals
April 25, 2014, 06:14:08 pm
I would prefer to have the fixed part of the hinge on the upper/landing surface so that I don't get scared about my foot sliding down the gap and banging against the hard floor.

I am used to mats hinged in this way. I am a bit old and don't cope well with change.

are the different density foam pieces of the same width and length as each other so I could swap them round?

is the material on the black face of the pad of similar landingness as the red face?

I apologize if these questions have been answered in the FAQs or Wiki, but I am a bit lame and couldn't find the relevant piece of internet

I have been very impressed by the quality of the customer support provided by Mr Loner and hope that you will continue to train and nurture staff of this quality

L St. Arfish

of Suburbia

tomtom

• forum hero
#7 PODSACS - Phenomenal CrashPad Deals
April 25, 2014, 06:19:32 pm
I'm interesting in purchasing a bouldering mat to use as a go-kart. Is this really possible Mr Loner? - it sounds a little improbable - the pictures do not show any wheels on the mat which I would have thought are a key requisite.

Keep up the good customer service work!

webbo

• forum hero
#8 Re: PODSACS - Phenomenal CrashPad Deals
April 25, 2014, 06:30:11 pm
Never mind customer service Dense Shirley has future career in psychotherapy.

tomtom

• forum hero
#9 Re: PODSACS - Phenomenal CrashPad Deals
April 25, 2014, 06:48:22 pm

Never mind customer service Dense Shirley has future career in psychotherapy.

Probation service - maybe time for rope access companies to diversify now it's being privatised..

Nails

• addict
Re: lager's question:

I can't see any reason why you couldn't turn the foam. It's obviously been designed to work the other way but it's 1000D Cordura all round so I can't see why not. I'm not recommending it though.

Re: dense loner's question:

If you worked in a "Customer Facing Business" you wouldn't consider this as being "up there" in the pantheon of unreasonable demands. I'm afraid to admit to still owning an S7 mat that works as lager described.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
on the smaller pads, is the landing surface the one on the inside when folded?

I have bought or been given 5 of these pads since they first came out, including one in the last few months, and (look at me!) one prototype with 'special' foam gratis from POD himself.

THEY ALL HAVE THE LANDING SURFACE ON THE INSIDE.

For those confused, this means the thin layer of stiff foam is on top of the soft foam. And yes, its easy to replace swap over if you prefer it wrong. The latest one had thick plastic wrapping the foam, presumably to make them easier to pack. I took the foam out and removed this as it lets the outer slip around, especially on slopes.

tomtom

• forum hero

The latest one had thick plastic wrapping the foam, presumably to make them easier to pack. I took the foam out and removed this as it lets the outer slip around, especially on slopes.

I removed this on the larger taco style mat too. I think removing it is important as it allows the two layers to move independently so when folded the inner can move further than the outer and not get over compressed at the fold (hope that makes sense). 

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
I've had a smaller POD pad for years, I've never had an issue with it.

Does anyone have experience of the larger one? I said I wouldn't buy another taco pad due to not being very impressed with how long the foam lasted for but that price is a bit of a bargain...

tomtom

• forum hero
It's fine. Not that thick so I wouldn't use it for highballs (have an ocun for that) but does the job well and the foam seems ok. Bargain price.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
only problem with the larger pad is that every other fucker on here has one

well pleased with mine at £100, so £80 is a bargain

I've been carrying my S7 mat inside the taco - which works well due to the length of the straps. the landing face of the small pad is on the inside so it stays clean. also, it means that the radius of the bend in the taco stays wide, which should make the foam last better

I hope to carry the smaller pod pad inside the taco in a similar way - anyone else tried this? does it fit?

webbo

• forum hero
I think Dave of this parish has that set up with another smaller pad in the middle.

b3n99

• stalker
Very tempted by this offer for the bigger one but what about the carry strap. Is that not quite in the way when its being used as a pad?

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
The central attachment between the shoulder straps is a Velcro arrangement which can be easily removed.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
The central attachment between the shoulder straps is a Velcro arrangement which can be easily removed.

From experience this is the one major weakness of the design as the Velcro gets weak and then refuses to hold any longer.

tomtom

• forum hero
Mines been OK - velcro is on a bit of seatbelt webbing you can double thread back if that makes any sense...

dave

After a year or so carrying a small pod around inside it the velcro on the webbing is fucked on my old one, torn from the webbing. I use and old webbing strap with a fastex buckle to secure it now, which is actually better than the original as it won't randomly open up while you're walking.

So yeah, the velcro is a weak point assuming you're intent on using is not as designed and rely on it to bear the weight of two pads when its designed for one.

You can easily take the strap off if it gets in the way, something that I rarely bother to do.

Nails

• addict
Hi All, just  a note to clarify about the smaller crashpads. My earlier comment was incorrect about the landing side of the pad. I was confusing it with the SuperCrashPads.

So to be clear:
 the smaller red CrashPads are packed such that they should be used with the coloured side on the ground. The Black side is the landing side. I've just checked the stock and the foam is packed such as the thin (higher density) foam is against the Black side (as Johnny Brown said). Should people wish to reverse this arrangement, then it would be easy to remove and turn the foam.

My apologies for any confusion caused.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
but I'm still ok to turn it into a go-cart right?

a dense loner

• forum hero
if you can't decide for yourself whether to turn a pad upside down i think you may need more help with go-kart modifications  :coffee:

tomtom

• forum hero
but I'm still ok to turn it into a go-cart right?

I'm considering bringing to market a crash pad to go-cart conversion kit. RRP £39.99 - any interest?

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Mine's already in advanced production stage and has been tested underneath the Fin at Gib Tor many times, with spectacular results.
£29.99, and with free tent peg handbrake.

tomtom

• forum hero
Mines blue.

ziggytang

• addict
Ordered a new pad last Friday.  Payment taken etc, but still no pad delivered. Phoned up yesterday and was told a customer service adviser would contact me back. No contact...

Phoned again today and after finally getting through was told they had no pads in stock and weren't likely to get any anytime soon either. The fact it said 7 left was a system error. So kindly asked for a refund. Makes me wonder how long I'd have waited if I hadn't phoned. So much for 'great customer service' and 'speedy delivery'

b3n99

• stalker
I ordered mine a fair while ago now too when it said 1 left, checked the website straight after and was down to 0. I have an order confirmation and order number but no promised email of dispatch. Not impressed.

ziggytang

• addict
I ordered mine a fair while ago now too when it said 1 left, checked the website straight after and was down to 0. I have an order confirmation and order number but no promised email of dispatch. Not impressed.

Yep, I had all the confirmation too. Give them a ring as it's probably the same as my situation. Even though the online tracking status said "preparing for shipping". Really not impressed.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
Not looking good for mine either, 17 left when i ordered on Fri :( gutted.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
the supply problems are probably due to someone on Pistonheads posting about the cheap go-kart conversion kits now available

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Ordered a small pad last Friday evening (it said 18 large pads left IIRC), received emails saying it had been packed on Saturday, despatched Monday and it arrived Tuesday.  Can't fault the service on this order but agree it's pretty shoddy for those that have ordered large pads and not heard.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
when I bought my large pad a couple of months ago I got a phone call a day or two after it arrived to make sure it had arrived OK and on time - I think this was becuase they had had problems with their delivery process

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
I noticed the delivery status on the order said Yodel 24... the word Yodel gives me the shivers. They caused me some right problems a few years ago..  :no:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Also had crap service from Yodel a while back but have had a few deliveries from them recently with no issues.  Now receive an email in the morning to say it's on the van that day and it's always arrived as stated, the drivers even knock on the door and wait now rather than shoving a card through the letterbox and disappearing ASAP.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Any excuse.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

b3n99

• stalker
So no reply to the email I sent about this at 10 am this morning either, the service just gets better. Anyone had this sorted?

SamT

• forum hero
Bollocks... ordered Friday I eve with a few still showing as in stock.  Was starting to wonder about mine.... I opted for collection from the store. . Phoned on Saturday (as I could have swung by) but the guy checked my order number and said Monday at the earliest.

Ho hum.

a dense loner

• forum hero
did you lot order yours the right way up?

i'm sure nails will be along to tell everyone what the problem has been shortly

Nails

• addict
Sorry for the delay in replying. There have been issues around stock control whilst moving warehouses which have caused some delays to orders. All people who have ordered will either receive the Crashpads or a full refund if for any reason we cannot meet the order.

I would also like to inform everyone that I am soon to be leaving Podsacs and will no longer be representing the brand on UKB. I will not be able to answer further queries on here as I am in the midst of completing the handover process. If you have any queries regarding Podsacs then you can use the Contact Us page of the website http://www.podsacs.com/contactus or email direct to info@podsacs.com

ziggytang

• addict
So no reply to the email I sent about this at 10 am this morning either, the service just gets better. Anyone had this sorted?

I was told I'd have my refund within 48hrs and an email to confirm my order cancelation. Still no email to confirm this.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
Ordered mine within 45mins of the advert going up, just got first comms back, no pad would i like anything else instead. I'm not one for moaning, everyone fucks up ocassionally, but bit of a shocker this one  grr  :ohmy:

b3n99

• stalker
Still no refund or contact at all after an initial email asking if I wanted anything else. Anyone managed to get a refund yet? This customer service is definitely up there as the worst I have ever dealt with. Whats the deal with all of this going through PlanetX despite my order being with POD?

tomtom

• forum hero
Still no refund or contact at all after an initial email asking if I wanted anything else. Anyone managed to get a refund yet? This customer service is definitely up there as the worst I have ever dealt with. Whats the deal with all of this going through PlanetX despite my order being with POD?

No refund for me either yet - I answered the -yes I'd like a refund please - email on Weds I believe...

tomtom

• forum hero
Get this - after I press post this enters my inbox!

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your email. I will not cancel and refund the order for you.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please allow 3-5 working days for the funds to appear back in your account.

Kind Regards,

I assume the 'will not' is a typo ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal