UKBouldering.com

Kjugekull, Sweden (Read 3325 times)

BoulderHog

• addict
Kjugekull, Sweden
July 09, 2004, 12:54:56 pm
Southern Sweden, near Malmo (Kristianstad is closest).

Beautiful forest full of granite-like boulders. Some really good problems, plenty of stuff in the higher 8's still to be done. The area is fairly compact and easy to walk about, maybe twice the size of Bas cuvier.

Only problem can be sharp holds, as there are some large quartz crystals sticking out in alot of places that attack the same bit of skin. As long as you don't try the same problem for hours then you should be ok, I didn't get one proper split in two weeks.

There's a campsite up the road which is ok. Locals are really friendly and have a good climbing scene.

Quality guidebook available in Cafe near car park, linked to this website:

http://www.kjuge.nu/

I'll try and whack up some pictures soon, but the website has videos and stuff so you'll get a good idea what it's like. There are no holiday grades to be found here.

runt

• obsessive maniac
#1 Kjugekull, Sweden
July 10, 2004, 12:25:43 pm
I'm with you on the lack of holiday grades! some of the locals are proper beasts .
Check out hultastenen for some quality steep stuff, also some potential well hard new lines

and

#2 Kjugekull, Sweden
July 12, 2004, 04:22:05 pm
er the rock is granite....not granite like, the grades are pretty soft in fact once you get used to the sharp holds and the fact that slapping for holds causes lots of pain! But a graet place to go for a short trip and really beautiful peaceful surroundings.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal