UKBouldering.com

IFSC 2014 - Predictions & Results (Read 83273 times)

Duma

• forum hero
#25 Re: IFSC 2014 - Predictions & Results
April 28, 2014, 11:37:10 am
replays up on Wed according to IFSC on FB

Duma

• forum hero

Lund

• obsessive maniac
#27 Re: IFSC 2014 - Predictions & Results
April 28, 2014, 03:44:24 pm
R.e. Finding results; it is always weirdly in the calendar section as opposed to the results section until the event is complete (afaik). That's how I found the qualifiers and semi results before the final started this morning.

You can use the app - search for "IFSC boulder 2014" on the iphone store.  Pretty good, results in real time, free.

iwasmexican

• obsessive maniac
#28 Re: IFSC 2014 - Predictions & Results
April 30, 2014, 09:42:03 am
dmitrii was super impressive, seemed a level above everyone else, just unlucky on the jumpy problem.

He is just about the only climber that is makes it to every finals of world cups, his consistency is unreal... My moneys on him, Hojer got lucky the dividing problem was his style

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
#29 Re: IFSC 2014 - Predictions & Results
April 30, 2014, 09:49:01 am

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#30 Re: IFSC 2014 - Predictions & Results
April 30, 2014, 10:33:09 am
Nice! Dimitri looked strong, but Hojer topped all problems, what more can you ask? 4 tops in 26 attempts is a bizarre score though...

The germans look strong on weird problems.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#31 Re: IFSC 2014 - Predictions & Results
April 30, 2014, 11:18:55 am
The germans look strong on weird problems.

They are coached by Udo Neuman

Durbs

• forum hero
#32 Re: IFSC 2014 - Predictions & Results
April 30, 2014, 11:16:18 pm
Good comp, but strangely un-atmospheric in some way... (perhaps that was just me?). Maybe it's the outdoors just sucks all the sound away apart from the god-awful music.

Personally not a fan of the dyno for M1 - means everyone racked up lots of attempts on the first problem.

But OMG - Anna not on a podium?! Madness.

Question for Graeme (or anyone else who knows) - 2 comps in China, 1 in Azerbaijan (despite the lack of top climbers from these countries), yet no World Cup rounds in the UK. Why are these destinations chosen? Are they trying to spread the IFSC gospel or is that where the funding is? Just seems strange not to have any rounds here (except the pre-season CWIF), but 2 in China which isn't greatly known for it's bouldering...

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
If you don't apply then you don't get chosen. Simples  ;D

But you are correct, it is where the money is. China has stacks of cash and has cities bidding to the CMA to host events. Azerbaijan has oil (and it appears the President of the Climbing Federation is the Oil Minister). Sheffield is stoney broke which is why the BBC is at The Works this year.

There was no atmosphere because the Chinese crowds behave differently. When Anna and Akiyo try to rally the crowd the crowd responds for 5 seconds. When someone tops the applause last 5 seconds. It's strange but the athletes are sort of used to it now, it felt really strange 3 years back with 10,000-15,000 people making no noise.

flyguy

• addict
Is today's final on at 1, it says +5 gmt time it starts at 17:00
 I always miss it because of my inability to grasp this simple concept

fried

• forum hero
I have the same fundamental problem but luckily there's now a timer on the Youtube IFSC page. Starts in 45mins.

flyguy

• addict
Excellent cheers.

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
Commentators basically admitting that M2 is morpho as shit and short-arses are fucked...

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
Didn't realised Pucio had switched to Scarpa.

Duma

• forum hero
What the fucking fuck ??

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
Shauna just lost first place for a dab.  Total bullshit.

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
They can't even say for sure if she did dab because the cameras are so shit, there's been at least two complaints about loose holds and the clock doesn't work.

flyguy

• addict
It's pretty crap but a dabs a dab. I usually enjoy these live streams but had to endure today's.

tomtom

• forum hero
I thought the commentary was better than the last one I saw - but the event looked a bit Heath Robinson..

flyguy

• addict
I don't mind the commentary just found the camera work a bit frustrating and felt for the climbers with all the mess ups with the timings.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Dabgate from 1hr 42mins-ish here:

rodma

• forum hero
It's pretty crap but a dabs a dab

Not in a comp it's not unless the rules have changed. It has to be seen to have helped you hold a swing or similar, so minor, even audible scuffs can be let go.

flyguy

• addict
Not aware of comp rules. If it was outside and I wanted the tick it would be back around. Guess it is pretty harsh when such a minor thing can cause such a difference in results, the rules need to be clear and possibly the setting needs to do its best to eliminate this?

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
The commentator seemed to think it wouldn't count as an attempt.  It was the first move, it's not like it gave her any advantage.  And if the setting had been better it wouldn't have happened, and if the filming had been better we'd at least know for sure if it had happened or not.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
One interview said the matting arrived late which may have impacted on setting.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal