UKBouldering.com

Dogs at Crags (Read 76355 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
#150 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 02, 2015, 09:23:13 pm
Yes but did she get a sausage roll?
And an ice cream.

If I come climbing with you and whine and moan (more than usual) will I get a sausage roll and an ice cream??
Of course as long as I can tape the sausage roll in your mouth.   :-*

AND the nurses outfit?

webbo

• forum hero
#151 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 02, 2015, 09:32:45 pm
I never go anywhere without it.
Even the dogs got one.

tomtom

• forum hero
#152 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 02, 2015, 09:33:30 pm
BowWow!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#153 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 06, 2015, 12:23:43 pm
Fairly off-topic but I had to post it somewhere. If there is anything that is going to make me leave Canada it's anthropomorphism gone mad. Some of the comments are truly insane.

And then the dogs started acting out their anthropomorphic role and protesting at being locked in the car....

AndyR

• forum hero
#154 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 19, 2015, 05:25:03 am
I happened to find myself in the Bishop area with work this weekend and the scene I witnessed at the Buttermilks on Sunday would have made Habrich foam at the mouth in incandescent rage... Not only did I witness a multitude of untied and seemingly ownerless dogs running with gay abandon across everyone's pads/packs/possessions etc. and chasing one mother carrying a baby, I was also witness to the following crag crimes:

A three person yoga session held next to the classic warm up boulder by the top car park (notably, actually adding to the overall aesthetic, which was some recompense);
A high proportion of men wearing bright and garish Lycra;
A wandering minstrel brandishing a ukulele;
Someone actually using a laptop beneath a boulder - you know, just chillin';
Huge step ladder use;
A bloke bouldering in a 'Sgnt Pepper' brightly coloured military jacket with epaulettes and fur trim; and most implausibly,
Someone having a jam session on a double bass...

The bouldering's still magic though.

SamT

• forum hero
#155 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 19, 2015, 07:16:51 am
 godamn hippies.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#156 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 19, 2015, 07:34:08 am

I happened to find myself in the Bishop area with work this weekend and the scene I witnessed at the Buttermilks on Sunday would have made Habrich foam at the mouth in incandescent rage... Not only did I witness a multitude of untied and seemingly ownerless dogs running with gay abandon across everyone's pads/packs/possessions etc. and chasing one mother carrying a baby, I was also witness to the following crag crimes:

A three person yoga session held next to the classic warm up boulder by the top car park (notably, actually adding to the overall aesthetic, which was some recompense);
Huge step ladder use;
A bloke bouldering in a 'Sgnt Pepper' brightly coloured military jacket with epaulettes and fur trim; and most implausibly,

Next time?
Don't eat the mushrooms.

tomtom

• forum hero
#157 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 19, 2015, 07:34:31 am
Fuck me - thats a yearly total of crag oddness in ONE DAY!

webbo

• forum hero
#158 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 19, 2015, 08:35:01 am

Huge step ladder use;

Shirley this calls for military action, we need to stamp this stuff out before it takes over.

tregiffian

• stalker
  • Struggling
#159 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 19, 2015, 09:40:56 am
This thread could have been the antithesis of DFBWGC?

AndyR

• forum hero
#160 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 19, 2015, 05:48:08 pm
Fuck me - thats a yearly total of crag oddness in ONE DAY!

It was truly bonkers.

AndyR

• forum hero
#161 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 19, 2015, 05:49:00 pm

Huge step ladder use;

Shirley this calls for military action, we need to stamp this stuff out before it takes over.

Round them up in a field and bomb the bastards...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#162 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 20, 2015, 07:46:07 am
What about cats at the crag?

galpinos

• forum hero
#163 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 20, 2015, 09:16:13 am

Huge step ladder use;

Brilliant! if Nathan Barley was a climbing sitcom set in 2015.......

Teaboy

• forum hero
#164 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 20, 2015, 09:19:25 am

Huge step ladder use;

Who did you punch first?

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#165 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 20, 2015, 07:44:46 pm

Huge step ladder use;

Good to know it's always that way :)

The bloke in the military jacket is quite a nice fellow. 

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#166 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 20, 2015, 07:46:33 pm
Ours is a broad church.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#167 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 20, 2015, 08:16:51 pm
untied and seemingly ownerless dogs .. chasing one mother carrying a baby

Who did you punch first?
Shoot first, punch later in that case.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#168 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 20, 2015, 09:27:39 pm
And hope you've got another set in clips, reloading is a ball ache esp when you've got cold fingers.

AndyR

• forum hero
#169 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 21, 2015, 12:03:34 am

Huge step ladder use;

Who did you punch first?
Luckily I was suitably blissed out from keenly observing the group yoga session...

ardeer

• player
#170 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 21, 2015, 02:05:55 am
can anyone argue with this basic as rule for dogs at crags? coming from a duff climber but long term dog owner (not daddy to a fur baby i might add)

dog is always on a lead. first point, dogs will do stupid and unpredictable stuff no matter how much you think your pooch is different. Dogs on pads, the belayer also being in charge of the dog, even running about like dicks is a safety issue, dont even think about adding kids being knocked over or bitten nobody wants or can excuse that.

with that as a basic point, i use a ground screw which combined with an extendable lead means you can limit or even position the dog under your charge quite accurately. no brainer, £5 tops and hassle almost gone.

combined with this the dog should always have shade/coat, food/water, a pigs ear or something to keep them busy/happy/out of the way. midges also ruin dogs eye areas in scotland but as a responsible dog owner you know about the shit thats specific to your area or dog

if you cant satisfy all of the above, sorry mutt you cant come climbing, get your sister or whatever to dog sit, leave them at home for whatever you feel works for your dog, whatever (theres another debate for the dog owners there...)

so simple

« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 02:15:00 am by ardeer »

underground

• forum hero
#171 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 21, 2015, 03:53:08 am
I like dogs. If yours gets in my grid I'll kick fuck out of it. Teach it not to do it.

underground

• forum hero
#172 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 21, 2015, 03:57:45 am
PS dog owners: I'm lovely. Very friendly, love kids. So if i start running all over your stuff, licking your face, sticking my arsehole all over and possibly nicking your snap, please feel free to do the same.

tomtom

• forum hero
#173 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 21, 2015, 08:41:45 am

I like dogs. If yours gets in my grid I'll kick fuck out of it. Teach it not to do it.

\o/ an Underground rant... It's been a while!

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#174 Re: Dogs at Crags
February 21, 2015, 09:17:57 am
I like humans. But sometimes they get in my grid and I have to kick them out of it.
I know far more humans than dogs, that I would't allow at the crag.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal