UKBouldering.com

Shining Cliff Hold Damage (Read 1905 times)

bolehillbilly

• stalker
Shining Cliff Hold Damage
March 10, 2014, 09:00:39 pm
I was at Shining Cliff yesterday and it looks like there's been some damage to a few areas.  It's a year since I've been into the woods and two years since I was at P&C but it all looks fairly recent.
The flake at start of UFO by the hostel is broken. This looks fairly new damage.
A big hold in the crack at the start of Got Milk has broken off. Judging by surface of the remaining rock this is very recent and could do with a repair/stabilising.
The first starting hold on Peaches and Crust looks to have been recently enlarged.  It's the lower hold of the four on the right hand seam.  This seems stable.  There are a few small scars on the rock around this area too - flake to the right broken.
Round to the left of P&C there are some minor lines recorded.  The crack here has also been damaged.
I thought this was a bit random and worrying.  Has anyone got any more local or recent knowledge?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#1 Re: Shining Cliff Hold Damage
March 11, 2014, 12:39:22 pm
Any pics? The random south peak chipper strikes again  :(

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#2 Re: Shining Cliff Hold Damage
March 11, 2014, 12:40:38 pm
Did you look at the Goose Creature roof? I take it that's undamaged?

bolehillbilly

• stalker
#3 Re: Shining Cliff Hold Damage
March 12, 2014, 10:03:00 pm
Here you go following an education in embedding photos...

These are the lower right holds on P&C on the right hand seam.  The bottom hold has fresh damage around it and felt bigger than I remember. 

This was a decent hold at the bottom of Got Milk.  I think it's just for feet,from memory I start hands on some flakes up and right. 

The damage to the left of P&C is similar to this as is UFO.

I didn't go up to the Goose but nothing obvious from the path below.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal