UKBouldering.com

Tendon issue... (Read 1594 times)

Sypher

Tendon issue...
February 02, 2014, 12:58:20 pm
Hey,

Just need this informally diagnosing if anyone can help? Also just need help with what I can do to keep muscle up while i'm off climbing...

So was doing a middle/ring finger hang and heard and felt a pop/crack.. no swelling and can still move the affected finger (ring finger) but it feels horrendous. Pain is located from the knuckle down through the hand and into the forearm.. the pain has defiantly decreased since it happened yesterday..

It doesn't feel like a finger injury so the internet isn't being too helpfully..
I've been icing the finger, hand and forearm anything else i can do?

Off climbing with tennis elbow atm anyway (don't ask what i was doing hanging off-of two fingers :/) so I've come to terms with the 4+ weeks i'm gonna have to have off but any info on what i can do to maintain muscles would be awesome as-well...

Thanks in advance..

Tom

krymson

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Tendon issue...
February 02, 2014, 01:36:39 pm
flexor unit strain?
<--not a doctor

Sypher

#2 Re: Tendon issue...
February 02, 2014, 03:00:53 pm
Yer after some more specific googleing I suspect so too.. Not so sure how to approach this.. ice and rest..

Any ideas on retaining muscles and strength while out? Going to work core but don't want to loose upper body in the mean time...

krymson

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: Tendon issue...
February 02, 2014, 03:33:39 pm
you're wandering into dodgy territory so I'll direct you to a better source:
http://www.drjuliansaunders.com/resources/askdrj/ask_dr_j___issue_193/

also i think there is a sponsored thread where a physio clinic is answering questions like this, would be worth a shot

Sypher

#4 Re: Tendon issue...
February 02, 2014, 04:33:31 pm
Yer its just all to easy to  :google: sometimes all the time... cheers for the link, i'll have a read and stop  :offtopic: :fishing:  :thumbsup:

"Solution: don't split your fingers at all for a month and climb as much as you want."

Thanks for the help! I'll have a browse for that physio clinic thread.

/closethread

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal