UKBouldering.com

Sadernes (Read 1606 times)

abarro81

• forum hero
Sadernes
January 29, 2014, 02:53:17 pm
Anyone been? Worth a look? Anyone got a topo?

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#1 Re: Sadernes
January 29, 2014, 08:50:48 pm
I like it. It is like a Mini-Rodellar. A river/canyon with running water year round (where you can do some nice swimming in the middle of the day to cool down. Deep and clean enough even in August!). There is climbing on both side of the river (and some in the adjacent river as well), so it is possible to chase sun/shade as needed.

Quite close to Girona airport (Ryan Air hub).

I did some really good long vertical/slightly overhanging routes 7a-7c. There are also some really steep and fierce routes of higher grades (8a to Ramon-9a) that seemed fine but super bouldery and difficult (I blame greasy conditions of course)

I have the new topo. I bought it from the bar/campground by the parking.

abarro81

• forum hero
#2 Re: Sadernes
January 29, 2014, 09:42:25 pm
Awesome, thanks for the knowlege!

IS2

• addict
#3 Re: Sadernes
January 29, 2014, 09:55:15 pm
Lots of easily accessible rock we left Montgrony, drove there climbed half a day and still flew back from Girona the same day ... also in the " Pyrenees Rock " guide... which is pretty poor so best to borrow one.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#4 Re: Sadernes
January 29, 2014, 10:00:08 pm
Jwi, you mentioned August. Is it okay in the summer? Currently looking for ways to fill my summer...

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#5 Re: Sadernes
January 30, 2014, 06:28:17 am
Sadernes is pretty much a summer venue for the Barcelona crowd. I've climbed there in July, August and September. The conditions  are not ideal of course, but the river keeps temps humane most day, and swimming in the cold water mid-day helps to keep the body cool.

The hardest sends happens other times of the year of course, but it is one of the few places close to Barcelona that is decent in Summer. Sant Llorenç del Munt is another (maybe not for August though…).

Sadernes is really popular with hikers and families on vacation during the summer months.

I tried some of the steep sectors that overhangs the river, but they where really too greasy in high summer.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal