UKBouldering.com

anoney know a pilates audio workout? (Read 2285 times)

Concretesnail

anoney know a pilates audio workout?
January 16, 2014, 10:24:32 pm
Following the the advise of my neurosurgeon, I am in need of doing some pilates/ yoga to increase core support and flexibliy but to help fit in with family and work it needs to be audio based, so i can have it on my iphone and do it in the dark, and at odd times without waking the family. Any help would be appreciated.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1 Re: anoney know a pilates audio workout?
January 17, 2014, 05:47:26 am
so i can have it on my iphone and do it in the dark, and at odd times without waking the family.

you're training to be a ninja, aren't you?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2 Re: anoney know a pilates audio workout?
January 17, 2014, 09:37:34 am
Can you use the iPhone for video, or does it need to be totally dark?

Concretesnail

#3 Re: anoney know a pilates audio workout?
January 17, 2014, 10:09:41 am
It doesn't need to to be totally dark but darker the better as they will be grouchy girl and baby if it isnt. my phone will be in a strap on the top of my arm, so video isn't ideal as I won't see the screen but if the video is ok in terms of audio description then I can work around if needed.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#4 Re: anoney know a pilates audio workout?
January 17, 2014, 10:15:20 am
OK, was just thinking there's loads on yotube, just choose the one with the fittest looking instructor.

Dolly

• forum hero
#5 Re: anoney know a pilates audio workout?
January 17, 2014, 10:28:52 am
Have you done any Pilates before ?
I'm asking as in my experience ( I started 6 months ago to improve my core because of recurring back problems) seeing what the instructor is doing is a necessity.
If you know what you're doing and the names of the positions/moves then of course thats not a worry

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#6 Re: anoney know a pilates audio workout?
January 17, 2014, 12:13:37 pm
I agree with Dolly, if you don't have very good technique in Pilates you can do more harm than good, specifically to your back.  There are certains things you need to do in order to make the excercises safe and effective and I don't think you would be able to do that without being able to see it really.

It's just my opinion but I would always encourage people to go to a class if they are starting off, for yoga or pilates, as there are a lot of little things that can make a big difference to your practice.  Simple things like having your pelvis tilted the correct way can mean the difference between an effective pilates workout and a very sore back.

Concretesnail

#7 Re: anoney know a pilates audio workout?
January 17, 2014, 12:20:25 pm
I've done both pilates and yoga before but only ever with DVDs or small groups. So understanding the breathing and engagement isn't too much of an issue. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal