UKBouldering.com

Albarracin suitable for font 6 - low 7 climbers? (Read 2292 times)

MReilly

Hi every year as part of a club we head out to Font however this year we have decided to consider Albarracin as an alternative but unsure if the land of roofs really is the best bet for a mixed bag of climbers. Generally most folk operate in the mid Font 6's, some are in the Font 7a/b range. The main concern is the variety and style of climbs, any advice received so far has been people who operate at different levels from our self in the high Font 7s / 8 with not much experience of our grade range

So is Albarracin suitable for all levels of climbers? in particular our group?

T_B

• forum hero
How long are you going for? There seemed to be plenty of easier stuff when I was there, but we only spent a couple of days. Nice spot, but Font it aint.

MReilly

planning for around a week in August

T_B

• forum hero
It's more of a winter venue - I reckon it will be roasting in August. Check out the stats for Buņol, which is the biggest place nearby:

http://www.yr.no/place/Spain/Valencia/Bu%C3%B1ol/statistics.html

cha1n

• forum hero
The bulk of the problems at Albarracin are 6's. Check out the free online guide at http://norop.es/albarracin

There are also a variety of styles there, not only roofs.

Lastly, as someone has mentioned, it will be baking in August. I don't really think that Spanish bouldering in Summer is a great idea. You either need altitude and/or shade to boulder in those conditions (hence Font, whilst not being great in August, would be better than Albarracin).

MReilly

Thanks for the feedback, I agree it looks roasting! I had seen norop.es but alot of the 6s seemed to be roof / mantles, maybe i didnt check out enough sectors!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal