UKBouldering.com

I hate myself (Read 4210 times)

dave

I hate myself
January 13, 2003, 09:43:29 am
Last night after i came back from the pub i thought I'd better make some snap, so i opened a tin of corned beef, and proceeded to slash my thumb on the can edge like a stupid fuck. Now i hope its gonna rain next weekend cos I'll be gutted if i can't climb and its good weather.  :crying: Looks like I'm confined to the fingerboard for a bit. :asshole:

To make me feel less like a compete weapon, can anyone else offer any instances where you have succumb to stupid self-inflicted injuries? cheers lads.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 I hate myself
January 13, 2003, 09:51:36 am
Aaaah! Every climbers nightmare! Better a thumb than a finger I spose, but still pretty bad.

My worst one was round a mates house, all excitedly nattering away about the days climbing ahead, and I thought I'd make meself some sandwiches, and wasn't concentrating cutting the bread - slash! Straight into my middle finger and took a month to heal - blood was pissing everywhere!

nik at work

• forum hero
#2 I hate myself
January 13, 2003, 09:56:44 am
Hmmmm...
Drilled into my thigh
Angle grinded the back of my hand
Sledged through a greenhouse
Fell off routes (several)
Cut hand with stanley knife/craft knife (regularly)
Dropped a rock on my wrist from a height of about 1 metre (rock weighed ~15-20kg)
Soldered my finger tips
Picked up numerous objects whilst they were on fire
Fell through the roof of a garage (jumping up and down on it!)
Dropped a milk bottle then fell on the broken glass
Punched floor and broke hand in my sleep!

Luckily I heal very quickly........

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 I hate myself
January 13, 2003, 10:04:24 am
Quote from: "nik at work"

What?! Madness!

dave

#4 I hate myself
January 13, 2003, 10:05:45 am
Nik, I'm almost pissing myeslf after reading that  :up:

I thought of one that my mate did. We had been at Marsden Cove bouldering, walking back to the car and along the road there are a load of bollards to stop cars driving onto the grass. Kim decided he wanted to leap between these in a Dawes-esque display of balance and self-confidence. Which would have been nice except he landed on the 3rd one skew-wif on his ankle and totally spackered his leg and had to stop climbing for about 6 months. But we laugh about it now.......

nik at work

• forum hero
#5 I hate myself
January 13, 2003, 10:18:05 am
Quote from: "Bubba"

What?! Madness!

Yes, several years ago the night before a holiday in france. I was going away with a friend and the night before departing he stayed the night and we were both sleeping in the same room. I woke up on the floor with a very painful hand - and very confused. My friend who was awake was pissing himself.
Apparently I had, in my sleep, stood up on my bed shouted "Come on then" and then lept into the air and falling to the ground fist first, like I was 'punching the ground'. I went back to sleep got up early and set off to France. By the time I got there my hand was about twice its usual size and very black and totally non-functional - oh and broken. Trying to explain what happened to the confused french doctor in broken french accompanied by sign language and re-enactments was very amusing...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#6 I hate myself
January 13, 2003, 10:22:29 am
stood up on my bed shouted "Come on then" and then lept into the air and falling to the ground fist first

Now that is one of the funniest injuries I've ever heard about  :D  I dread to think what you were dreaming about at the time...

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#7 I hate myself
January 13, 2003, 10:40:52 am
Now bubba what about the tree,ice axe, disagreement and resulting casualty visit........

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#8 I hate myself
January 13, 2003, 11:22:48 am
Yeah, that'll teach you to harm those lovely trees, you nasty man you! I didn't mean to hit you in the face with that axe, honest  :wink:

Surprised you weren't scarred for life from that - I couldn't believe the amount of blood  :D

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#9 I hate myself
January 13, 2003, 12:43:46 pm
But its the scars inside that never heal.......sniff sniff
 :cry:  :cry:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#10 I hate myself
January 13, 2003, 12:59:16 pm
Yeah, suffer biatch !!!!

james

• obsessive maniac
#11 I hate myself
January 13, 2003, 01:06:02 pm
Tell me more, I am intreuged.
Cheers

James

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#12 I hate myself
January 13, 2003, 01:17:23 pm
Bored at Symonds Yat, hanging about under the crag, FBSF decides to start hacking into this tree with the axe (ice axe was used for cleaning routes - this is the Wye Valley you understand!) For some reason I took exception to this, grabbed the axe which then bounced off the tree and pinged back into his face, just above the eye.
Massive gash, blood everywhere, like really spurting out in a horror film stylee - oh shit, and off to casualty we went!!
I remeber feeling really guilty about it, but once we knew he was ok, we were all pissing ourselves....

james

• obsessive maniac
#13 I hate myself
January 13, 2003, 01:53:37 pm
:lol: Good story.  Damn vandals, destroying wildlife.  It just makes me so mad :evil: .
Cheers

James

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal