UKBouldering.com

New probs near Bath (Read 9890 times)

Paz

• junky
#25 New probs near Bath
July 06, 2004, 04:09:10 pm
Yeah, but come off the M5 a few junctions after Weston.  Low tide's at late afternoon but the (conventional) routes (including Chulilla and Steve's thing :wink:) are accessible if you slog up to the top of the down, and scramble down a goat track towards the seaward end to a small pebble beach, which worse case scenario you'll have to paddle a couple of metres across to non-tidal ground.  We got to the traverse as it was going out and waited until we could get across to the routes the easy way.  TH: I'll let you know if I'm around defo, but I'm keen to go tradding it, or probably to the fest (JR are you lot coming down for this?).

dave

#26 New probs near Bath
July 06, 2004, 04:12:41 pm
i think its safe to a lot of us won't be going to the over-caffeinated sugary drink company 'having-it' fest.

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
#27 New probs near Bath
July 06, 2004, 08:38:42 pm
What the f*ck is the over-caffeinated sugary drink company fest?  I don't touch that stuff, and I'm suspicious of anything sponsored by it.

I'll give you a shout in the next couple of days Rich, I'm still not decided what I'm going to do.  It all depends on Jimbo (who's getting married soon, which kind of needs a bit of planning which can't be done in North Wales), my girlfriend (who wishes I didn't go climbing ever), and obvioulsy the weather.  Same goes for you Paz.

Paz

• junky
#28 New probs near Bath
July 07, 2004, 02:35:37 pm
You'll be happier not knowing the full scale of the horror.  It didn't even fulfill a useful purpose of keeping Cloggy quiet.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#29 New probs near Bath
July 09, 2004, 11:28:54 am
Stoppped in at B******d for the first time since I left Bristol about 18 months ago. There are about 6 boulders and a small wall that are climbable now, and have cleaned up nicely. Mikes boulder (the high one) is now nice and clean and has some fantastic problems including an ace traverse http://www.ukclimbing.com/images/dbpage.html?id=3431 and an excellent highball problem straight up to the apex on shallow pockets. Its hard to take good pics as its in the trees, but stays pretty cool year round. Hey its not the best place in the world, but a lot better than anything before the moor.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal