UKBouldering.com

"the posts about DT and party madness" (Read 46123 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#125 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 11:38:28 am
Chatting about having a good time on drugs 20 years ago is probably not very harmful to this site, but (IMO) posting where you can find recipes for synthesising drugs is probably not the best idea.

I wrote that to demonstrate a point.  I did pause before writing it and purposefully didn't link to it after the base-jumping discussion the other day (despite knowing that given those key words and a search engine the curious could find it if they wanted to, but then they'd have probably have been looking for such things in the first place, I doubt reading this thread would instigate a desire to know how to synthesize DMT).  I'm happy for it to be edited, but if its of any reassurance you would need significantly more than...

...as its is proper organic chemistry.  Have a look yourself if you'd like further reassurance, there won't be many in the world who have the equipment or access to the raw materials that they use (which is closely monitored).

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Erowid is also a great resource for drug safety.

GME, difference is that now this site is a business with paying sponsors.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Erowid is also a great resource for drug safety.

:agree:

True but most of the comments are from site users (no idea if sponsors are saying similar things in the background).

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#128 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 12:26:54 pm
Whats happened to UKB and why does it suddenly have morals. One of the reasons its the only "chatroom" type thing i look at is the fact that people said what they wanted and it was all treated in a pretty light hearted manner. Bit like being in the pub, and i don't say anything on here i wouldn't happily say in the pub.

Not allowed to comment on a girl being fit now, no mention of commonly used 90s terms for homosexuals, no mention of drugs. FFS i give up. Its pretty much turning into the love child of the place everyone claims to hate.

Get a life people. Lets not turn it into some PC obsessed twaddle.

Absolutely spot on. I might have to wad you each hour for the next day.

The Black Dog and Demon Drink threads show true good morality for accepting and helping others. Kneejerk reactions to obviously lighthearted terminology, anecdotes, appreciations etc show idiocy rather than morality.

rodma

• forum hero
#129 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 12:35:06 pm

I think that may break some sort of acceptable use policy  ;)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#130 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 12:54:07 pm
UKB has always had strong morals. What it hasn't tended to have is an over-sensitive PC brigade.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#131 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 01:01:41 pm
Whats happened to UKB and why does it suddenly have morals.
no mention of commonly used 90s terms for homosexuals

gme,
adversely if I posted something with a commonly used 50/60's term for black people that some people found offensive. What would your response be?
Times change.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#132 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 01:12:13 pm
If any Generation Xers (Lucien, Graeme) want to jwallow in a bit more nostalgia a few of us will be at the Rising Sun this evening

I will be there for a bit Shark - unfortunately on lock up duty at 10 though. Everyone else is off to the Works party. Me, being old now, ain't going. Well more to do with being weak willed  ;)

Dolly

• forum hero
#133 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 01:15:28 pm
I'll be there
We can talk about the time when Bentley had 3 and a half pints 2 years ago

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#134 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 01:20:16 pm
 :lol:

ianv

• forum abuser
#135 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 01:24:08 pm
Is it ok to show some mock outrage about  the advocacy of alcohol consumption yet, or should I wait a bit?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#136 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 01:24:13 pm
If any Generation Xers (Lucien, Graeme) want to jwallow in a bit more nostalgia a few of us will be at the Rising Sun this evening

I will be there for a bit Shark - unfortunately on lock up duty at 10 though. Everyone else is off to the Works party. Me, being old now, ain't going. Well more to do with being weak willed  ;)

Don't blame you - Sebs do was enough for one year (decade). See you later.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

The Black Dog and Demon Drink threads show true good morality for accepting and helping others. Kneejerk reactions to obviously lighthearted terminology, anecdotes, appreciations etc show idiocy rather than morality.

Fuck off you bender.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#138 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 01:51:34 pm
Offensive name, drinker and smoker, what a cunt.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
True but most of the comments are from site users (no idea if sponsors are saying similar things in the background).
No! People are constantly overstating the influence of advertisers on site content here. We have had exactly one complaint in three years and that was heavily prompted by our beloved competitor's ex-advertising manager. And that advertiser is anyway now back on board.

:2thumbsup: Good to hear.

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
#140 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 03:37:48 pm
With the risk of sounding like a kill joy could we get back on track with tales of yore from the good old Sheffield days.

btw, I especially enjoyed the one about the wife to be snorting speed off the pavement.

disclaimer : kids, if you're reading, the thing that the a fore mentioned lady did was not cool but totally understandable in the circumstances.

gme

• forum hero
#141 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 03:53:46 pm
Grubes

I would probably have to get one of my n**ger homies form the the early 90s Sheffield hip hop scene to get all medieval on ya.

Not those that are bent obviously or working as accountants.

ianv

• forum abuser
#142 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 03:56:32 pm
disclaimer : kids, if you're reading, the thing that the a fore mentioned lady did was not cool but totally understandable in the circumstances.
  :)

Can I just add: Do your homework, Do what you are told at school, Obey your parents, Eat your greens, Don't use bad language, Tidy your bedroom, Train hard and NEVER EVER neck little pills with the superman logo stamped on them as it will not end well  :'( .  As some folks found out in a field in Wales once!

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#143 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 04:05:07 pm
  :)

Can I just add: Do your homework, Do what you are told at school, Obey your parents, Eat your greens, Don't use bad language, Tidy your bedroom, Train hard and NEVER EVER neck little pills with the superman logo stamped on them as it will not end well  :'( .  As some folks found out in a field in Wales once!

And never, ever talk to the one known as STP

SamT

• forum hero
#144 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 04:23:28 pm

OMG - Yeah - what he said.  That was a long and strange weekend.  God knows what actually happened between 10pm on saturday and 4pm on Sunday.  I just remember waking up (coming to) on the lawn of some climbing club hut at about 4pm on sunday.

Props to Bubs on that one for somehow getting us + a load of record boxes, all to Wales in a tiny white nissan micra that I think we'd hired.  More so for getting us back safe!!  :bow:

Forgot you were there too Vinnie (most of that weekend is lost tbh).

johnx2

• obsessive maniac
#145 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 04:26:32 pm
Fwiw when I've been in the pub with middleaged men who've started perving over a teenage lass, I've spoken up. Wouldn't bother on here. To spell out the obvious, I've no problem with semi-clad lasses etc, just with middle aged male 'banter' about them.

Gangsta talk tends to go on in all-white company. l'm neither sufficiently hip hop to join in, nor sufficiently black to challenge.

The drug stuff is quite funny.

No idea what I'm doing on this thread as I and my uptigHt EBs left Sheff in 1985.

rich d

• forum hero
#146 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 04:32:42 pm
Yes listen to the grown ups, whatever you do don't do this

and

plus

plus

ianv

• forum abuser
#147 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 04:42:04 pm

Agreed, cos the line up was shit. However,  Doves and weeks 09/16/23...12/95 were a pretty amazing combination  :dance1:

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#148 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 04:53:20 pm
Never made it to the Orbit, got within 5 ft of the door once before being told it was full (5th or 6th birthday I think).

Wouldn't have mattered that much if we hadn't popped everything a couple of minutes before. Run back to car, leg it down the motorway, leave car somewhere in Don Valley once the driver (not me) started to come up and desperately search for a club. Sheffield on a Saturday night was never going to work, all glam house etc. Luckily we found a house party with One Armed Dan DJing. Life saver.

cuboard

• regular
#149 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 05:15:25 pm
BENDER BENDER BENDER BENDER benderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr benderrrrrr,
Thats a joke by the way.... anyway those two twats have piped down........ :lets_do_it_wild:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal